THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Armi san Marco Highlander .22 help needed

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armi san Marco Highlander .22 help needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a tiny falling block .22 highlander that is stamped Armi San Marco and Danl Fraser and CO. I love the small size of this rifle and would like to really use it but it has some serious issues that I don't feel comfortable taking on. First and foremost is that the action is very rough when it is closed and occasionally will fire the round when I close the action (which makes the gun completely unsafe to use). It is also horribly inaccurate. I believe it will have to be relined and I might just switch to 17hmr if I have this done. Does anyone know of a gunsmith that has worked on these or is willing to? I understand that quite a few of them have had similar issues along the way. It's a shame because it really is a lovely gun to look at and hold. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. First and foremost is that the action is very rough when it is closed and occasionally will fire the round when I close the action (which makes the gun completely unsafe to use). It is also horribly inaccurate

There might be very good reasons one does not find them on the market any more.

It could be very well a good reason not to spend any money on it.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
The Dan'l Fraser rifles are a few decades old. Frank de Haas was still living when they came out, and he had a rather unflattering review of them in one of his books. As I recall, he figured they were hopeless. Search around the web for more, or pick up the entire de Haas series (they're worth their price).

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one.
Quality is poor but has a look that makes a person keep trying to make it work.
Don't fall into this trap.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well shucks! I was really hoping there might be a way to re-engineer the insides and get it functional. I might just attempt it myself one of these days. At this point there is nothing to lose! Thanks for the replies

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
you ever want to part with it, let me know.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote