The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ed LaPour gunsmithing

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/164106575

26 November 2006, 13:01
Dago Red
Ed LaPour gunsmithing
Hey all, i know that whenever Ed LaPour is mentioned it is in conjunction with his safeties. I was trying to find the price on the enfield unit, my enfield really needs restocking at some point so was wondering about this conversion. I checked his sight and then saw the pics of the 1903 Springfield he built. FRICKIN AWESOME!!!! Don't know how else to say it, you've got to check that thing out.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill
26 November 2006, 16:37
Bent Fossdal
Man, you cant post like that without giving us a link!!!

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

26 November 2006, 17:03
jeffeosso
quote:
Ed LaPour

http://www.edlapourgunsmithing.com/index.html

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com
26 November 2006, 19:16
ForrestB
From Ed's website:

27 November 2006, 00:32
Brice
Ed is a memeber of the American Custom Gunsmith Guild. He did much of the work on this rifle, which was the Guild auction piece last year, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the '06.

He's done two M70's for me, for Africa, and work for friends. He is first rate all the way, and a pleasant, unassuming fellow, to boot.
27 November 2006, 00:39
Stu C
Brice,
This rifle is the ACGG Rifle #18 from 2003. The 2006 rifle had the metalwork done by Jim Wisner. Beautiful rifles both.

- stu
23 April 2010, 03:24
Dago Red
anybody have any idea how that magazine cutoff was handled?

Red
23 April 2010, 03:59
butchlambert
The biggest problem is that he has no Enfield safeties and doesn't know when he will make a run of them.
Butch
23 April 2010, 04:20
22WRF
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
The biggest problem is that he has no Enfield safeties and doesn't know when he will make a run of them.
Butch

One would think that if there was sufficient demand, such as if a bunch of guys got together and placed a rather large order, that he would make a run of them.
23 April 2010, 05:21
Toomany Tools
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
Ed is a memeber of the American Custom Gunsmith Guild. He did much of the work on this rifle, which was the Guild auction piece last year, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the '06.

Seems odd the ACGG would celebrate 100 years of the '06 with a rifle in .35 Whelen, or am I reading that wrong?

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!
23 April 2010, 05:24
Recoil Rob
Gun #18 was from 2003 and celebrated the 100th anniversary of the M1903, and was done in .35 Whelen.

The 2006 gun was a M70 in 30-06.
23 April 2010, 05:34
J.D.Steele
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
Red

Looks like the engraved portion behind the scope base is actually a large hinged plate, perhaps secured by the 2 knurled knobs at the front and rear of the rear bridge. Anyone have a closeup?
Regards, Joe

23 April 2010, 05:54
BaxterB
I have seen a few of his rifles up close and they re quite amazing. It always amazed me the work the very low-key folks do. They are artists but unfortunately most people dont see them that way. Its a good thing there are a few of us that do...
23 April 2010, 09:26
Dago Red
no, the problem is that he doesn't have any 03 safeties and might have them in 6 months.

anybody got pics side by side of a lapour and a wisner? I have a wisner out in the safe actually, but can't quite get into the safe right now (hotrod stuff scattered all over and my 17hp evinrude is sitting in front of the safe door.).

Got a nice project under work but undecided if it NEEDS the $350 LaPour or if the Wisner will be a good choice.

Red
23 April 2010, 21:13
22WRF
Didn't Mr. LaPour purchase the programs and tooling from Mr. Wisner for the safeties? If so, wouldn't they be about the same?
24 April 2010, 00:05
kitchen
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:

One would think that if there was sufficient demand, such as if a bunch of guys got together and placed a rather large order, that he would make a run of them.

If anyone wants to start a list, I'm in for a P-14 safety. Maybe 2, depending on the timeframe.
24 April 2010, 02:53
butchlambert
I need a 1917 Enfield safety.
Butch
24 April 2010, 04:02
Recoil Rob
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:

Red

I enlarged the image and there is a seam around the lower right part of the fleur de lis on the rear ring.
25 April 2010, 05:56
Big Earl
This is one of Ed’s safeties on a Sako I built. Have used several and they are all top notch stuff. The Springfield’s come with a new cocking piece and uses the original bolt stop. The Enfield’s cannot use the original bolt stop as is because the boss that the spring steel retainer mounts to is machined off. Not sure how he keeps the bolt stop housing closed. I asked several years ago but forgot what he said. I would imagine one would need to make a Mauser type bolt stop assembly.