New
Find
Notify
Tools

model 700 bolt disassembly
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quick question. can someone tell me how to take apart the bolt from a 700 remington? or maybe point to an old thread or a website? thanks...bud

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
www.remingtonle.com/pdf/om_7700710.pdf

See Page 14

They also sell a tool which aids in the bolt disassembly.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. Put a penny in your bench vice with about 1/2 of it sticking out above the jaws.

2. Place the front sear edge of the cocking piece (it's at the rear of the firing pin assenbly) against the penny and pull on the bolt until you can see a slot cut in the side of the cocking piece.

3. Stick a second penny in the slot and allow the cocking piece to rest against that penny.

4. Unscrew the firing pin assembly from the bolt body.

That's as far as you need to dissassemble the bolt unless you're replacing the striker spring. For that, you need a tool to compress the spring to allow you to remove the pin holding the cocking piece to the firing pin.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See you are in Texas, I have all the tools you can use if you are in the Houston area. Comes apart in seconds.

ned

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks to all for the help. i "gotter done" with the penny method. ned...thanks for the offer. i'm just south of DFW so it would be a pretty good drive at $3/gallon Big Grin

again..thanks to everybody...bud

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote