New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics of my FJ45
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Already in the works as we speak, Andrew. Carburetor has a hick-up and taking care of that. New poly-tank put on last week and Warn winch on the way. Friend trying to talk me into a 5.3 or 350 crate to replace my 2F. Not quite sold on that idea.

Congrats on your good news. Seems the game department saw the light.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Look up JimC on the carb if it needs r&r. I can't speak to his work, but the ih8mud guys says so. I miss my 40 and will get another soon, but the 2F seems proper. These aren't speed demons. I'd only consider one of the diesel options, but in a proper BJ.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Already in the works as we speak, Andrew. Carburetor has a hick-up and taking care of that. New poly-tank put on last week and Warn winch on the way. Friend trying to talk me into a 5.3 or 350 crate to replace my 2F. Not quite sold on that idea.

Congrats on your good news. Seems the game department saw the light.

Dutch

Nothing wrong with the 2F apart from being a bit of a gas guzzler. Designed to deal with poor fuels and seem to remember you can put in a higher compression piston? Something like that.

But then again if it works why muck with it?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carb purring like a kitten now, DSC, Andrew. Reverse shackles and new bumper next. DSC, I usually have one or three FJ40's (maybe an FJ25 shortly as well) for sale in different states of repair/rebuild. I have about 3-4 extra 2-F engines and a ton of parts for sale as well.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never checked my gas mileage, Andrew. Just drive it around locally cause, as DSC opined, it isn't a speed demon and fill it up every so often.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Carb purring like a kitten now, DSC, Andrew. Reverse shackles and new bumper next. DSC, I usually have one or three FJ40's (maybe an FJ25 shortly as well) for sale in different states of repair/rebuild. I have about 3-4 extra 2-F engines and a ton of parts for sale as well.

Dutch

Presume you are reversing the shackles to prevent spring breakage? Who told you about that trick?

I ripped the points out and put it in an electronic system.

If there are any original bits and pieces you require then let me know. I have a couple of these cruisers lying around the yard.

Cheers

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right on the shackles, Andrew. They make a kit for it but since I have a couple inches lift I am having my mechanic make an extended front axle. Electronic ignition is on the menu as well. Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've loved those cruisers since I drove my first one in 1988 in Botswana. I currently have my HJ75 in the shop for rebuilding. It was supposed to be a 5 week project that is going on a year next month.
Got the seats upholstered in brown elephant hide from Zim. Hope I live long enough to see it finished and driving down the "tar road". I think they call us "Cruiser addicts"!!!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sevenmag:
Who is doing the work, Cool Cruisers in Dallas?

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a guy here locally that does a lot of restoration work. Come to find out, most of his help are potheads who don't show up for work and when they do work on their own stuff. Not in litigation yet but trying to resolve this mess without getting lawyers involved. They have screwed up and damaged some of the major parts and lost a bunch of hard to find stuff that took me a year to put together.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
I got a guy here locally that does a lot of restoration work. Come to find out, most of his help are potheads who don't show up for work and when they do work on their own stuff. Not in litigation yet but trying to resolve this mess without getting lawyers involved. They have screwed up and damaged some of the major parts and lost a bunch of hard to find stuff that took me a year to put together.

Same shop named after a cool town south of Austin? Where was yours originally from LHD or RHD? I'm rather jealous.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is originally from Australia and RHD. 2H diesel engine, 5 speed. I reached an agreement with the owner, He is showing me how to get it finished and I love doing the work myself. Sounds like an odd agreement but this will make the project special!
If I had to do it all over, I would have got one from South Africa, this ozzy truck was rusted very badly and I have replaced the entire cab, bed and going to rewire the entire truck.
Hope to bring it to Dallas next year, we'll see!

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:

Same shop named after a cool town south of Austin? Where was yours originally from LHD or RHD? I'm rather jealous.

Wimberly 4x4

JimC does a great job on the carb rebuilds and he can help with a desmog as well

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:

Wimberly 4x4

JimC does a great job on the carb rebuilds and he can help with a desmog as well

Drummond,

That's exactly who I was referencing. I've heard many mixed reviews about them.

JimC has had only good reviews from my experience.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Cruiser, Dutch!

When I see these photos it reminds me that I never should have sold my FJ80.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Accipiter. Going out to the garage to start her up. I just let it idle now as there is still toooo much salt on the roads. That's a killer, if you know what I mean. Love the purr of that 2f.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How's it running??

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Running great, DL. Just had it out for a short cruise as it has been a downpour for the last week. Buddy just drove to Alabama for some parts for his project and scored me the correct bed rack. I'm going to powder coat it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I come back here from time to time just to look at the pictures of it. Amazing FJ-45!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be in the St. Pat's day parade in Cottleville in March if you want to drive it, DL. Put it in the 4th of July parades with the top removed.