Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Hawk on the hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
The following is a series of photos I took last month near Warren Lake at the Katy Prairie Conservancy. It is a hawk in the process of hunting for, catching, and eating a field mouse.

It happened very quickly and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. All of these photos were taken within about 90 seconds. It is definitely one of the most incredible sequences of photos I've ever been fortunate enough to take. I hope you guys enjoy seeing the photos as much I enjoyed capturing them.

Also, I've been working on a Facebook page for my photos. If any of you would like to have a look....here is the link:

Wade Abadie Photography

Later that same morning....I stumbled across another hawk that was in just the right spot for a few close-ups....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
These photos were linked directly from my Facebook page....I'm not sure why they don't match the width of the AR page format. I apologize for the oversized images. Not sure how to make them fit without hosting them somewhere else.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. As for sizing pics for AR, I tend to save a copy as a jpeg at a dimension that works on AR (from 1200 mpix on the long side for people that only have laptops or small screens, to 1500 mpix on the long side for people with large desktop screens) at a resolution of 96 ppi. That is the picture I use for facebook and if you share from facebook, to AR or anything else, that is what gets shared. You don't need a hosting site that way.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yummy mouse. Good pictures.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you! You have a talent.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wade you sure have the knack of taking
fantastic pictures.

Thank you for sharing them with us.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote