THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PHOTO ALBUMS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Photo Albums And Videos    Wild boar driven hunting in Bulgaria - video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild boar driven hunting in Bulgaria - video
 Login/Join

Picture of Stefan Stefanov
posted
Here is a trailer showing wild boar driven hunting in Bulgaria. The video was shot in October 2013 with seven videographers and 16 cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-scqwFyqlZQ

Ultimate Hunting Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510
http://www.ultimate-hunting.net
stefanov@ultimate-hunting.net

Posts: 12 | Location: Sofia, Bulgaria | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice video.

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Great clip. This is on my bucket list. I missed a trip several weeks ago because of my return to Zim. Maybe next year. These driver boar hunts look like the bee's knees.

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Bulgaria for red stag in 1999. I saw some pictures of some of the boars taken. They were massive.

I want to do it as well.

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
A client that hunts with Buzz just got back from a driven boar hunt in Hungary. They go every year. The group shot something like 145 boar over a six or seven day hunt. That sounds like a blast.

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
A client that hunts with Buzz just got back from a driven boar hunt in Hungary. They go every year. The group shot something like 145 boar over a six or seven day hunt. That sounds like a blast.

Yes Mjines it is possible in Hungary BUT they are fenced !
If you want a " more natural " hunt it is not possible to achieve the amount of boars you mentioned by no means.
I , personally , will not hunt these fenced areas .
Go to unfenced areas , a group of eight hunters will shot maybe 20 to 40 boars but it is much more rewarding .
Hungary can also organize that , but Romania is the place for the unfenced areas in eastern europe for sure.
Good luck

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Another video about wild boar driven hunting in Bulgaria. Some of the scenes are shot with cameras able to shoot with 800 frames per second...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kg4SxpkK-I

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

Posts: 12 | Location: Sofia, Bulgaria | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Nice videos, Stefan!

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntromania:
Nice videos, Stefan!

I believe we will film your brown bear driven hunt in a similar, spectacular way in the autumn...

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stefan, thank you for showing us.
Looks very interesting.
Smiler

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norway_Moose_hunter:
Stefan, thank you for showing us.
Looks very interesting.
Smiler

You are welcome! We are working on a new projects. Whenever I have something ready I will share it definitely...

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Stefanov:
quote:
Nice videos, Stefan!

I believe we will film your brown bear driven hunt in a similar, spectacular way in the autumn...

I can hardly wait, Stefan!

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an adrenaline rush. Nice video.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 434 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indi:
quote:

If you want a " more natural " hunt it is not possible to achieve the amount of boars you mentioned by no means.
Go to unfenced areas , a group of eight hunters will shot maybe 20 to 40 boars but it is much more rewarding .
Hungary can also organize that , but Romania is the place for the unfenced areas in eastern europe for sure.
Good luck

It has been a few years since I was in Hungary but I would be surprised if there were not areas in the East where you could shoot high volume driven wild boar in an unfenced environment. I went pheasant and partridge shooting at a lodge near Mateszalka and, at that time, a team of good guns could have shot 100+ wild boar in a week with no problem if they wished. The area is well wooded with rich arable land in between and absolutely riddled with boar. On several occasions members of our team were close to using our shotguns in self-defense.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milo Shanghai:
quote:
quote:

Good luck

It has been a few years since I was in Hungary but I would be surprised if there were not areas in the East where you could shoot high volume driven wild boar in an unfenced environment. I went pheasant and partridge shooting at a lodge near Mateszalka and, at that time, a team of good guns could have shot 100+ wild boar in a week with no problem if they wished. The area is well wooded with rich arable land in between and absolutely riddled with boar. On several occasions members of our team were close to using our shotguns in self-defense.

No ofense here but i do not believe at all that a group of 6 or 7 hunters can shoot that amount of boars unless in a fenced area.
I have hunted Romania more than 30 times , Hungary a lot , Bulgaria quite a few and now Iran and no way you are able to shoot 145 boars in a week without being a fenced area.
Anyhow , there are here Romanian and Bulgarian operators maybe they can give us their opinion.
If this place exists please tell me as i take the next plane !
All the best.

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck

No ofense here but i do not believe at all that a group of 6 or 7 hunters can shoot that amount of boars unless in a fenced area.
I have hunted Romania more than 30 times , Hungary a lot , Bulgaria quite a few and now Iran and no way you are able to shoot 145 boars in a week without being a fenced area.
Anyhow , there are here Romanian and Bulgarian operators maybe they can give us their opinion.
All the best.

No offence taken. I will tell you what happened and you can decide for yourself if you think it worth checking out the area.

January 1991 (I remember because I had colleagues fighting in Gulf War I and the air campaign kicked off while we were at the lodge) ten of us were invited to shoot driven partridge and pheasant in the area south west of Mateszalka, not far from the border with Romania.

The landscape was split roughly 50/50 between woodland and arable and mostly flat. We were ten guns and shot six days on the trot. On many of the days, if not all, the morning safely briefings included warnings regarding the boar that would come through the line. It is a long time ago but I believe we were told that the boar were considered to be vermin in that area and that there would be no problem if we we should shoot one to defend ourselves and to be particularly wary of the sows. As it turned out the woods and, even more so the hemp fields, were full of them.

We only shot six days rather than seven so the maths do not quite add up to 140 but I can assure you that we would have had absolutely no problem shooting two boar each per day had we been appropriately armed and wished to do so. Over the six days a 120 total would have been so easy that it really might not have been very sporting.

Hungary was in a real mess when we were there as the Sovs were pulling out and it was clear that a state of disorganisation prevailed. If, subsequently, they have got to grips with the wild boar situation and shot them out that would be a real shame as there were huge amounts and no fences anywhere around.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Milo ,
I understand now that it was in 1991 and i believe in you 100%.
When i started Romania in 1998 we also shot 60/70 boars in 4 days 8 hunters and we choose the boars so i totally believe that 23 years ago we could do it but nowdays it is impossible unfortunately .
All the best and thanks for your story.

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Milo ,
I understand now that it was in 1991 and i believe in you 100%.
When i started Romania in 1998 we also shot 60/70 boars in 4 days 8 hunters and we choose the boars so i totally believe that 23 years ago we could do it but nowdays it is impossible unfortunately .
All the best and thanks for your story.

What a shame. Is it through exploitation from hunt organisers or from poachers or cropping changes?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Milo
I am not sure anout the dates but hunting was only permited to the communist party members from the end of world war 2 until the fall of the communism around i think 1989 when Ceausescu the president was killed.
We heard many stories that only him and his friends were hunting in that big country.
So , when Romania opened hunting to tourists the country was really full of boars and bears and stags and chamois and i believe that poaching was almost zero during communism period.
In 1991 when you were there it should have been a paradise for hunting.
It is still a wonderfull country to hunt , i just love it even with a quarter of the animals of that time.
Cheers

posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
We were not able to release our TUSKS - wild boar driven hunting in Bulgaria DVD in different languages.
That is the reason why I will add a link to the movie with English subtitles, so everyone interested in watching the movie to download it for FREE in FullHD quality! The movie is 58 minutes long and you have to download it first and then watch it, either way you will be able to watch only 15 minutes. I hope you like it! Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kf1...s_subtitles.mp4?dl=0

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Blasers are the rifles of choice! I'd be right at home :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stefan,
Great video, I saw where they said most hunters regulary used shotguns, do they typically shoot slugs or buckshot ?

posted Hide Post
The law requires hunters to use slugs only but there are still people using buckshot which I find stupid.

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stefan,

what kind of prices do you have on a typical 3 day driven hunt for Wild boar ?

When is the best periode ? With snow ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Norwegian,
The price for three day hunt with four days accommodation will be 990 euro/hunter. The price includes:
- 3 days driven hunting
- 4 days accommodation
- 4 days full board with soft and hot drinks
- hunting guide
- transportation within hunting area
- rifle import papers
- airport pick-up
- hunting permit
- photos and short video about the hunt

The price excludes:
1. Trophy fees

wild boar up to 2 years old – 150 euro
female over 2 years old - 600 euro

up to 16,00 cm length – 600 euro
from 16,01 cm to 18,00 cm – 600 euro + 10 euro per each additional mm
from 18,01 cm to 20,00 cm – 800 euro + 20 euro per each additional mm
from 20,01 cm to 22,00 cm – 1200 euro + 40 euro per each additional mm
from 22,01 cm above – 2000 euro + 80 euro per each additional mm

2. Tips
3. Alcoholic drinks
4. Airport - hunting area transfer 100 euro/vehicle
5. Rifle rent – 50 euro/day + 5 cartridges
6. Other services on demand

Best period is December - January and of course with snow but last few years winters in Bulgaria are mild without that much snow.

Hope the info is useful!

Regards,
Stefan

Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 882 757510

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck

All the best.

Indi, there are still places in Romania where you can hunt more than 30-40 WILD boars per day, per group of 8 to 10 guns, but the prices are high. At least 3 of them in Romania.

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck

All the best.

Indi, there are still places in Romania where you can hunt more than 30-40 WILD boars per day, per group of 8 to 10 guns, but the prices are high. At least 3 of them in Romania.

Good , hard to believe in open areas but please send me a detailed proposal as i am very interested.
Thank you.