New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Multi year project coming close to completion. Other than springs bought in bulk and the barrel, this is all made from "scratch". .300 Whisper will be the chambering. Had a rough time with scale when I hardened the steel, so I needed to re-tap the (originally single point cut) threads. So I made the tap in the pictures. Didn't have drill rod big enough, so made it out of 4140 and case-hardened it. Surprisingly, colors were beautiful. Plus it worked great (two ends are .020 undersize and .005 undersize to made sure barrel fit was still tight).

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried to fix your images but was not able, sorry

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Hinn:
I tried to fix your images but was not able, sorry

Thanks, Brad. Think I figured it out. Used the wrong link address from Photobucket.