New
Find
Notify
Tools

bench plans?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting that right for me. Those that have followed my posts here on this forum know I suffer from CRS and need help. bewildered

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do! get Jim Carmichaels(sp) book. I built all my benches on my range 35 years ago from his design;still in operation.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a table like that & added a circular bubble level on top and a carrying handle below as top is heavy. r in w.

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a set of plans for a portable bench that can be adapted to suit your own needs as I did making mine strictly right handed .

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Von Gruff - That's about the "purtiest" range setting I've ever seen.
'Must see that part of the world someday.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ross Seyfried did an article a long while ago on a skid mounted concrete topped bench he built. Somewhere I have that article but in storage at the moment whilst our house is being finished.

I am hoping to get to that stuff in November...here's hoping Smiler

Von Gruff that is a beautiful setting and a great looking 404J.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_captain:
I'm not sure if it's safe to scan in stuff from books of that vintage or I'd just post the pics here.

IANAL

It is perfectly legal to post excerpts (a photo or two, a paragraph or two) to the Internet of even current books, etc. PROVIDED that you give proper attribution (Title, author, publisher, city of publisher and year of publication). The key to such use is that it can only augment what you are publishing, not BE what you are publishing.

You'll note that I trimmed the quoted material to only the part I am responding to. I am quoting you, not plagiarizing you.

You can quote a sentence or two of this post. You cannot copy the entire forum or even the entire thread over to another web address.

This is called "Fair Use" and is an explicit part of the copyright laws that can get you in serious doo-doo if you try to abuse it. But if you use the minimum amount of material from someone else necessary to make a point and that amount of material is only a small portion of their total work, you'll generally fall well within the law. </IANAL>

NRA, Grass Roots North Carolina,Tea Party Patriots, National Association of Gun Rights, PHAshoots.net.

I drank the blue kool-aid - will work for brass.

Posts: 55 | Location: Lexington, NC | Registered: 24 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do have a copy of Mr. Carmichael's book, and could provide the dimensions of the bench by PM if you would like.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok I will reply to the post even though it is older than dirt.
I built the booger bench, very portable legs fold up and has worked well for me for many years.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend built one that goes in the receiver hitch of his truck. He can take/use it where ever he wants

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post