THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Truly Portable, yet sturday bench...

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truly Portable, yet sturday bench...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
www.ruggedbuddy.com

check it out, and there is even an 8 minute video on how to build one, or order the kit.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice legs! Would probably be sturdier and stiffer if it used 2 thicknesses of 3/4 plywood glued together.

Clarence

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the set of legs. I just happen to have a 5/8ths inch thick 24"x96" sheet of birch plywood out in the shop. I figure I'll just double it...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting; myself, I just use one of my Rockwell "jawhorses" with a plywood top clamped in place. Not as good as a fixed bench, but when collapsed it doesn't take up much space in my pickup bed.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this one folds down pretty small.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
this one folds down pretty small.

Quite sure it does. Looks like a handy setup, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what your finished product looks like.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the legs this afternoon, and I have a half sheet of 5/8ths Birch plywood. If if wobbles even a little with me standing on it, I will double the ply.

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
www.knotholedesigns.com also makes one which works well.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
neat!