THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    22 caliber at 1,000 feet question
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 caliber at 1,000 feet question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeeShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Just notice the title change.

Hey dumbass, read the thread. No wonder the posts by you guys are so stupid, you can't read.

My only Post in this entire thread was to note the Title change, but I will admit to being amused by folks who actually understand ballistics trying to explain to your dumb ass why you should have chosen something else to claim to have done, like banging Charlize Theron. At least that would be theoretically possible, if she suffered a head injury.
To shoot a .22 LR 1000 yards you would have to sight it like a mortar, and could use a spotter to help you walk the rounds onto a 22'X22' target.
You, Sir, are an idiot to try to peddle that bullshit here, of all places.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by PeeShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Just notice the title change.

Hey dumbass, read the thread. No wonder the posts by you guys are so stupid, you can't read.

My only Post in this entire thread was to note the Title change, but I will admit to being amused by folks who actually understand ballistics trying to explain to your dumb ass why you should have chosen something else to claim to have done, like banging Charlize Theron. At least that would be theoretically possible, if she suffered a head injury.
To shoot a .22 LR 1000 yards you would have to sight it like a mortar, and could use a spotter to help you walk the rounds onto a 22'X22' target.
You, Sir, are an idiot to try to peddle that bullshit here, of all places.

Here's the whole problem, you dumbasses don't think you can aim above a target at a long distance and hit it. Fuck you, I hot it 5 out of 10 shots and I could give a shot if you believe it or not.

You've really proven the stupidity of the people in this thread who don't seem to understand that sometimes it's not your ballistic calculations, it's where you aimed above a distant target.

So have a good day dumbasses; I'm sick of your shit.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 13 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he has figured out that he came to the wrong forum to pat himself on the ass. Pee, you need to spread this story to your buddies at your local range. I put a link to this thread on 2 other forums. They are laughing so hard they can't stand up.
Oh, you have a beautiful vocabulary when riled!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:Originally posted by ramrod340:Just notice the title change. Hey dumbass, read the thread. No wonder the posts by you guys are so stupid, you can't read.

Wow like Jefffive my only comment on this thread was to state I just noticed the title change. So yep guess I'm dumb since all "Peeshooter's" comments during the thread continuously reference a 1000yd target and now the title says 1000ft. So yes I'm confused as to the real story.

But since I got called a "dumbass" for my only comment I don't need to hear anything else.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
I think he has figured out that he came to the wrong forum to pat himself on the ass. Pee, you need to spread this story to your buddies at your local range. I put a link to this thread on 2 other forums. They are laughing so hard they can't stand up.

I can't think right off of a worse place to try to peddle this than the Long Range Forum at AR.

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:

No I came to the forum that gave me that flawed ballistic information but in spite of that, was successful.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If a .22 LR, sighted at 100 yds, was able to hit a target by aiming at a point 108" above it, what would be the distance to the target?

Posts: 265 | Registered: 02 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not only drop sir , spin drift is over 5 feet no to mention wind . Look up spin drift , and try to get a grip on reality . You would be aiming at a large tree or mountaintop plus take into consideration the spin drift , wind , how much the earth has rotated in the 5-8 seconds that you pulled the trigger .
Sorry , but until your language used and name calling , I only tried to clarify the post .
If you do grow up an apology to all would be a good place to start being man .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwahir:
If a .22 LR, sighted at 100 yds, was able to hit a target by aiming at a point 108" above it, what would be the distance to the target?

Off the top of my head something like 400-425 yards, somebody will come along and plug it into a calculator and show me being way off...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are pathetic. This forum gave me the ballistic statistics; I obviously didn't shoot it as I was told to and was successful with half the shots. Either that or 5 flies flew into my target at a high enough speed to make it appear to be a bullet hit. There it is, that must be what happened.

Give up the shit about the information I was told here, quit trying to rub it in my face, it just makes you look like speech writers for Nancy Pelosi.

Grow up all of you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So all of these experienced LR shooters are pathetic? You ever looked in a mirror?
Come on, give me some more of your huge vocabulary.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has turned into another one of those cases where some redneck claims to have shot a deer at a quarter mile with his rifle zeroed at 100 yards and holding dead on across a flat field. It simply does not happen.

The amount of holdover for a 22 LR at 1,000 yards precludes anything but extreme luck in lobbing a bullet into a target, certainly with little to no chance of repeatability. Shooting a 22 LR at 1,000 feet, 333 ⅓ yards is a different matter, but still requires holdover and some practice.

At this point, the thread has devolved to an apparent novice who has run into a group of shooters who know better and has gotten his feelings hurt. My suggestion to you peashooter is to spend less time on this forum and more time studying on lang range shooting, at whatever range you choose, be it feet or yards. You may also want to explore wing shooting as you have some tough sounding flies in your area that may be better dispatched with a shotgun over a fly swatter.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I think you may want to simply go back to the range and see if you can come even close to duplicating this shot.
Film the feat if possible and at least post a picture of the setup and target.
I have less doubt than most other guys here but this isn't the kind of claim one simply accepts.
Also, one thing that I took away from watching videos of the "King of two miles" shoot is that even the most revered ballisticians with the best equipment and most accurate observations can't always get on target.
I admit, that I'm a bit confused with the fact that 150yrs ago, long range muzzle loading match rifles could hit (large) targets at 1000-1200yds at 1200-1300fps with an apogee of 40ft or so yet the 22lr is going to never get there unless coming in at a super steep angle from a very high trajectory.
I get it that the light rf bullet will shed speed much more quickly than a 500grainer but am surprised that it is so different in range.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Guys, 1000 feet is 334 yards.

I have lucked out just messing around with 22LR and have hit a man size silhouette target at 400 yds.

So I know 334 yards is doable w/ a 22LR.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Ray, peashooter corrected the topic to 1000yds

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post