Find
Notify
Tools

3 mile shot
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
With the right holdover, I can hit the earth at any yardage with only 3 rounds (in case a cow or house gets in the way of the first two).

But good for her for ringing the 3 mile gong.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those cows, old folks homes, + orphanages can be a problem Wink

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are going to shoot at me, please be at least 3 miles away.

Rule # 14 in gun safety, I think.

Mike_D can you double check this?

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda along the same line, I really appreciate Hollywood promoting the black 'gangsta' cool way of holding their pistol on its side. Now I can rest assured that any mugger will never hit me. Big Grin

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do three mile shots all the time!!! I never hit anything but I do the 3 mile shots! Big Grin Roll Eyes archerAnd that is only because my one shot groups with my .300WM are always in the 3's as the benchresters say!

Hip

Posts: 1794 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
It ain't three miles, but it is two. Hell, I will be taxing all my faculties to shoot someday in a 1,000-yard match.

https://www.nrawc.org/events/items/king-of-2-mile/

Bill,

With the right equipment, it is not that hard.

Uh, hu. I want to know more about the 3 mile TARGET.. A Winnebago perhaps? killpc

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, it was a reasonably sized target, not overly large. I sent Bill the newspaper article from a friend of mine who lives there + verified the truth of it happening There are many things that I can't do but I don't claim them impossible just because I can't do it.