Find
Notify
Tools

How to hold a camera
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Surprisingly, a lot of people don't know how to hold a camera. This can help (with video):

https://photographylife.com/how-to-hold-a-camera

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or you could just buy a Canon with image stabilization.

I routinely hold my 100-400 at 400 free hand without any image blur.

Much easier...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Good technique always improves pictures, image stabilisation only helps in some situations. In fact, image stabilisation works better when you use good technique to start with.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I took a course in pro photography and one of the first lessons was how to hold a camera to get the best picture. When I saw how it is done these days I was blown away but most of the people taking the pics don't care or need a quality photo for social media. With improvements in hardware we do get better pics using poor technics but good practices still win out in the end.

Posts: 406 | Location: The Rust Belt | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote