New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoPro 6 vs 5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any thoughts on which to get ? $200 price difference.

Need one for my fishing trips and also for Africa water hole viewing and bow hunting.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a lightly used GoPro 4 Black and it works well for the intended purpose. The problem with all GoPro cameras is they have a very wide field of view which doesn't give you much detail. Great for snowboarding, mountain biking, kayaking, motorcycles, but not much else.

If you want to take good video, use a DLSR.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Opus is right.

These are the best action cameras, but, for any other purpose they are useless.

Waterhole videos video might work, but anything slightly further will not look good at all.

We have both, and the video quality is very good on both.

Battery life is better on the 6.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

I need one for fishing and may take it to o er to zim/moz/Botswana for some water hole filming.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GoPro 5 was awesome for fishing.

Highly recommend it.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Any videos you can share? I have a Gopro Hero5 Black I got for $100 locally and have it mounted on my bass boat..but haven’t had a chance to use it.

I do have a Sony AX100 4k camera as well and it does amazing video. I love it so far. I think I’ll wear the gopro on a chesty mount and film the rest with ax100

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
Any videos you can share? I have a Gopro Hero5 Black I got for $100 locally and have it mounted on my bass boat..but haven’t had a chance to use it.

I do have a Sony AX100 4k camera as well and it does amazing video. I love it so far. I think I’ll wear the gopro on a chesty mount and film the rest with ax100

This thread has link to my YouTube page

http://forums.accuratereloadin...7221043/m/9781064142

Just scroll down to the comments section

I love the GoPro for fishing - unbelievable camera for $250.

I may buy a spare and just leave 2 grab cameras for anyone to use and abuse.

The chest mount is not for me but my French fishing buddy uses it with a knock off gopro. I may get him a real one too.

Mike