THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    A lever action with a straight butt stock for scope sighting.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A lever action with a straight butt stock for scope sighting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are there any lever action rifle stocks that are raised up in the rear for scope sighting? Of course it would have to be modified for the lever to match it.

Posts: 190 | Location: rockdale, texas | Registered: 01 October 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the older angle eject Winchesters had a raised comb so you could align with a scope. They were drilled and tapped for mounts from the factory.

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you can have a comb cut kit installed and raise yours up about an inch and a half.
they run around 200 bucks installed.

or any decently handy guy with a chisel, drill, and band saw can do the job with the hardware kit.

Posts: 4973 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Some of the first Marlin .444’s had a Monte Carlo stock on them.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Some of the first Marlin .444’s had a Monte Carlo stock on them.

I have always wanted to check one of those out. But, I have never seen one on a used rack.... probably work well because everyone seems to keep them.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the Marlin, you can mount a scope low enough to work just fine, use a small belled scope like the 3x or 4X Leupold or Weaver..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Atkinson is right. I’ve put scopes on a couple Marlins through the years and never felt that the stock was too low, buts that’s just my take on it. Modern rifles don’t have the drop in the butt stock that older rifles had even ones made for iron sights.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I, too, have mounted many scopes on Marlins; since they eject from the side, the scope can be low. You don't need a different stock. It's a hunting rifle, not a beach rester.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be putting a Leupold 2.5X Alaskan 7/8 tube and very low on my 95 45-70, Don't need more power in the scope, the caliber won't shoot that far!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote