New
Find
Notify
Tools

? on Chiappa model 92s
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are they any good or just a dressed up Rossi???

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought one. Fit and finish are much better than my 2 Rossi M92 rifles. I haven't shot it enough to tell if accuracy is better or not, but function seems very smooth right out of the box. Trigger is good too.

Posts: 234 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They sure look nice.My local pawn shop has one in 45 Colt.I like that is has a 1/16" twist.Asking price is $800.00 American.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the quality and fit make them worth the price difference over a Rossi. So far my new .44 magnum Chiappa seems to shoot more accurately than my Rossi as well.

Posts: 234 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have one of the 24 inch Octagon barrelled 92's (Rossi) from Navy Arms. Fit and finish for the metal and wood is way above the standard Rossi. It also has the Color Case receiver.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote