Find
Notify
Tools

New source for .348 bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted
In case you missed it, Fury bullets is offering a bonded (lead core) jacketed .348" bullet. It's a 220 grain flat point.
I haven't shot them yet, but recently ordered some. They showed up quickly and look really nice.

Let's try to support ANYBODY that will offer .348 bullets.

Fury .348 bullets

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's a handsome bullet, Kyler. Hope they deliver on target and in the field. The .348 has to be one of the most interesting lever action chamberings ever designed.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kyler,
I just ordered 100 of those nice looking bullets.
Ray

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, low and behold the sticker says bonded core!! and its a beautiful bullet..can't wait to pop an elk with one..and a whitetail or Muley..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Please report back about how they do Ray.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do but figure on next year, hunting season is over in Idaho for me..I may go to texas however..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its been a while since I got these bullets and its been cold with snow, but could not wait..shot 3 groups of 3 shots each and got 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0 as it got colder. all at 70 yards, bagged over the pickup hood..made final adjustments and headed home with a dose of frost bitten cajones..It will have a job this fall on Northern Idaho whitetail foor sure, and perhaps a fat cow elk.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. Glad you got a chance to test them on paper.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolled a coyote in the pasture next door with that gun and bullet, calveing season and the coyotes are grabbing the afterbirth but not the calves as most folks think, at least I never had many claves lost by coyotes, wolves and Lions take a toll IMO..One thing Im sure of is wilder cattle on big desert ranches will chase coyotes, the whole herd at once..Seen it many times..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
[quote]wilder cattle on big desert ranches will chase coyotes, the whole herd at once.

Saw that once myself.
I was rooting for the cattle, but the coyote made it to the fence.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450 Fuller
posted Hide Post
I have some of the Fury bullets. He will put the ogive where needed on the bullet for pre-war or later Model 71s. RM

Posts: 359 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Any more reports on these bullets? Darn, you guys are giving me the .348 itch.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some Fury 12 gauge jacketed hollow points. Nice.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mark, please share results if you get a chance to put those big beauties to work.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoot the 12 gauge through a TC Encore with a 10” barrel, certainly have not shot for group.
We had a cut off from a E.R. Shaw rifled blank that was taunting me. I searched and found the Fury jacketed slugs so first problem solved. A slug coming out of a shotgun shell isn’t great accuracy, brass shotgun case not much better. Wander around shop with calipers measuring brass cases. 50BMG! I cut it off where it looks right, not stubby, not long, 2”. Expand mouth, turn to 0.76 all the way to bottom to for a rim.
First load was 25 grain of Unique and a wad of TP, derived from shotgun and other big bore loads. Wow, not high pressure (primer looks same as before firing)but recoil was terrible. Reduce load to 22 and it’s hefty but you would shot it again.
I’m going to have to man up and shoot at 25 yards and see how it works.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We'll need video of that, Mark. Cool

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW, dont count Hawk out they will deliver custom 348s in any weight, may take a while, but I recently got some 348s, and 318s on order as we post..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
I shot 200gr Hornady and 220 Fury into gallon water jugs to compare.

The Hornady impact velocity was 2,600 fps. Ended up in 4th jug. Ave dia .70". Retained 68%

Fury impact velocity was 2,450 fps. Ended up in 5th jug. Ave dia .53". Retained 57%. Could go faster with the Fury, but these were the first I loaded so went conservative. After seeing the results, would not push them faster for short range impacts.

So the Hornady impacted at 125 fps higher velocity, held a larger mushroom and retained more weight, vs the bonded Fury.

The Fury went deeper due to the smaller frontal area.

Tim

Edit: Just for the record; 24" Ackley Improved. Relatively mild loads for this rig, especially the Fury.

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report Tim. The main thing to keep in mind is that the Fury bullets are readily available, the Hornady's aren't.