THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    1886 Classic Sporting rifle by Pedersoli...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1886 Classic Sporting rifle by Pedersoli...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
...anybody who have seen it yet with their own "hands"...or perhaps knows the pricing in USD?.

It looks very good in my book and for the first time in many years I actually feel buying a new rifle.

http://gunsoftheoldwest.com/wp...ing-Lever-Action.jpg

http://www.frankonia.de/Unterh...&navCategoryId=62282

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTAAEbp--Pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tky94td1PuY

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking RIFLE!
Why don't you buy one and test it for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K30Nzz-pxC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyzM36hOnk0

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I have to. Pedersoli makes nice guns. I have had the oppochunity to compare a Shiloh Sharps and a Pedersoli Sharps. As much I would like to say that having an American made Sharps is the only right way to own a Sharps the Italien Sharps were just better in Wood and metal finish hands down. They shot equally well.

I have never yet fired a Pedersoli "Winchester" and I have never yet seen one too overhere in these parts.

When I return from Africa later in Oct I will really steamroll my wallet for the last bill to get a nice 1886. My problem is I still have the crave for a .50-110 and I know buying an 1886 in any other caliber will eventually end up in another gunsmith project.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Winchester 1886s break down model, in 45-70 caliber. With proper loading the 45-70 is really enthusiastic with a 445 grain cast bullet. Buy the Pedersoli and we can exchange notes.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly? These rifles have a feeding problem,if you check reviews on the net? you will see this, but I do not know if this was when they first came out & if the problem has been corrected with the rifles now,a few years ago I handled one of these rifles at Cabelas & I did not buy it,it was nowhere close in quality to a Miroku gun,now we just need to find out if the latest batch of guns is problem free or not? They certainly look good,pistol grip with shotgun Buttstock very desirable.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
The problem is, the different Winchester/Miroku Modell 1886 rifles in the last 10 years, are very hard to get in Europe. There´s no realy good distributor, to get this rifles. I know only "The Duke" here in Germany. So we are more and more reliant about the Italy-replicas. At the IWA in Nuremberg I have had a lock about the Pedersoli rifles. Very well made rifles, but I have a Miroku 1886 carbine since I´m 19 years old....

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought one this spring. The nicer model with fancy wood.
Major feeding problem with factory ammo and reloads. Never even shot it.
The carrier regularly failed to lift the cartridge for chambering.
I went back the next day and worked my way up to the manager and he gave me a refund. He said he has seen it before with these rifles and doesn't know why the company continues to carry them. They had 2. Haven't seen either on the shelf since.
The next day bought a 1886 lightweight instead.
Flawless functioning and accurate.
Glad the manager took care of me.

Posts: 125 | Location: AK | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Akhutr:
The next day bought a 1886 lightweight instead.
Flawless functioning and accurate.

A 1886 lightweight would be cool, chambered for the .33WCF.... Smiler

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I purchased mine about 2 months ago and have found no problems. The loading port ans lifter are generous dimensions to allow 500gn pills to load and feed.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BW

How well will it shoot? Also, please gives us some loads and velocities.

Thanks
Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can get your hands on one see if it will feed dummy rounds. I bought one and had to have two gunsmiths work on it so it would feed and chamber properly which it did not do with commercial or handloaded rounds. If it feeds and chambers, nice rifle.

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoyaler:
BW

How well will it shoot? Also, please gives us some loads and velocities.

Thanks
Mark

I haven't shot it yet but I have loaded rounds comprising 43gns 3031 and a 420gn Helsley & Gibbs cast bullet. Basically a trapdor load.

I was thrown from a horse about a month ago and fractured two verterbre in my neck, just waiting another few weeks to get better!

I made cerrosafe chamber casts and measured the throat at 0.450 / 0.4595 and the muzzle at 0.450 / 0.458. I emailed Pedersoli to confirm and they said it is fitted with the same 'match grade' barrel used on their range of 1874 Sharps!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to throw the BS card here Jens.

The Pedersolis they bring to the SHOT Show every year do not compare well against Shiloh. And, I would expect they take a bit of extra care to build ones to show for their primary market.

There's a reason they sell for a lot less than a Shiloh, new or used. I have made a tidy profit on both of the Shilohs I sold. Probably the same reason you can get a Pedersoli in two weeks here, VS a four year or so wait for a Shiloh...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Ron said. No way a Pedersoli is going to compare to a Shiloh. At least not the Pedersoli's I've seen in the US. Which would be why I own Shiloh's.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Just got an 1886 produced in 1891. Made by Winchester and not as pretty as this Pedersoli but I like it.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have an '86 New Haven extra Light in 45-70 with very fancy checkered wood. It is (machine?) engraved with 2 gold colored elk on one side and a gold deer on the other. It was one of only 1000 made and only made in 2000-2001. I bought it used years ago. But it just sits in my safe. Probably should just sell it.

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Bill G.
I have one like that in my safe too! Along with an unfired Miroku 1895 Deluxe .405 and a couple others that get very little exercise.
Do I shoot more or let some of the unused ones go?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G. in Oregon:
I have an '86 New Haven extra Light in 45-70 with very fancy checkered wood. It is (machine?) engraved with 2 gold colored elk on one side and a gold deer on the other. It was one of only 1000 made and only made in 2000-2001. I bought it used years ago. But it just sits in my safe. Probably should just sell it.

Have the same rifle, unfired. Did have the throat lengthened by about 1/4 inch as I was informed by others who know more than me it should be done so it will handle the longer bullets. Like you, keep on thinking of selling it. Sure does make the safe look prettySmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote