New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correct scope for a 94/22 mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Using Talley rings I mounted a Vortex Crossfire scope. I cannot get the correct eye relief as it will either interfere with the hammer or I cannot see enough sight picture to use it effectively. I now know the Vortex will not work so I will use it on another rifle. What brand and model of scope will work on my 94/22? All sues tigons and reccommendations will be appreciated. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe a pistol scope mounted like a "scout rifle"?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How would you mount it? Picatinny rail maybe? Interesting idea.

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not clear on what rifle you are using. Is it a Marlin 1894 in .22 Magnum or a Winchester? I have a Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt and had the same problem mounting a Leupold Vari-X II 1-4x scope. I bought a Weaver 1-piece base and cut another slot in it where I wanted the ring. The base is aluminum so it was easy to cut. I have never had a problem with the rings moving under recoil so it should work for a .22 Magnum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may need to use taller rings.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I should have specified that the rifle in question is Winchester Model 94/22 magnum. Thanks to all who responded. Jerry Hoover

one of us
posted Hide Post
Taller rings or taller bases is required in some cases, but a 2.5X Leupold Alaskan can be mounted lower..A 94/22 mag is the turkey rifle of all time. You should be able to find a used J-4 Weaver, its a great scope for the 22 and 22 mag. as is a compact Leupold 4X...Lots of good scopes for that gun..Get a hammer extension, they stick out the side and give you a better purchase of the hammer.

you can use an extended base, but I prefer extended rings,

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry: XS Sights lever scope mount for Win 94