Tools

22 LR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
How were their prices?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
How were their prices?

CCI Standard Velocity was $5.99 a box, a little high but better than it has been. I saw $9.99 a few months ago in another shop.

Copper was $16.79. We have to use no-lead for hunting now, a slow-motion 22 RF disaster in the making.

There was some Norma for $11, passed on that.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have mentioned this before but it the Dillon catalog they offered a tool + pts. for reloading 22 LR.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can shoot any 22 L.R. in a mod. 63 Win. Today I shoot the hi vell stuff mostly. win at 1240 fps

Back during the great depression and the years as we grew out of it, I shot whatever I could beg barrow or steal.

Many folks from California NY and Chicago are moving into the pacific NW as they are trying to get their kids out of that environment, but in reality, they are bringing the little gang bangers with them and their drug culture..Its a double edged sword I suppose and a little to late I suspect..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
You can shoot any 22 L.R. in a mod. 63 Win. Today I shoot the hi vell stuff mostly. win at 1240 fps

Back during the great depression and the years as we grew out of it, I shot whatever I could beg barrow or steal.

Many folks from California NY and Chicago are moving into the pacific NW as they are trying to get their kids out of that environment, but in reality, they are bringing the little gang bangers with them and their drug culture..Its a double edged sword I suppose and a little to late I suspect..

Reminds me of a Maine kid I knew, took to rap music and nonsense in his middle teens.
He's more-or-less straightened out now. Fatherhood and a few hard knocks will do that for you.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been fortunate that my 3 boys turned out O.K. + my eldest grandson will start college next year on a sports scholarship + who knows what major as he is really a bright kid. My youngest grandson lives with his mother in Georgia + while he is a sweet, well behaved 8 year old, I concern myself for his future as his mother has been known to use some. We can only hope + pray for the best while giving him positive reinforcement when we do have him with us.