New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCI Quiet .22 LR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I decided I wanted to try some of these for the fun of it. I did an online search and found that there basically is none available at the more or less normal price of $3.75/box M/L.

Of course, I found one sweet seller who apparently had all you wanted, no limit at ONLY$15.99/box 50. Needless to say, not only didn't I buy any, but I scratched that source off for anything forevermore. Mad

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By brother stuck a couple of these in a long Barreled CZ 22.

They do make less noise.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I decided I wanted to try some of these for the fun of it. I did an online search and found that there basically is none available at the more or less normal price of $3.75/box M/L.

Of course, I found one sweet seller who apparently had all you wanted, no limit at ONLY$15.99/box 50. Needless to say, not only didn't I buy any, but I scratched that source off for anything forevermore. Mad

I have a partial box I'll send to you no charge. I tried them and they were louder than I expected.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunmaster in Plano has some for $3.95 a 50.
http://www.planogun.com/

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dick:

Thanks for the tip. I've never been to that gun shop. I'll try to visit the next time I am in the DFW area, which should be next week.

drewhenrytnt:

Thanks for the kind offer. I replied by PM.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a brick right before the ammo disappeared, it's good stuff. Much quieter through my 20" barreled 77/22 than in shorter guns though. Every time I've tried Remmy Subsonic it sounded just like every other .22LR but the CCI stuff really is quiet (pretty accurate to).

Posts: 88 | Location: PNW | Registered: 07 September 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just right for a possum eating the cat's food on the porch. Penetrates only one side of the skull leaving less to clean up.

Haven't tried it for accuracy at any significant distance, but then I don't anticipate using it at any significant distance. Very noticeably quieter in the 20" barrel of my Browning BPR-22 than full power ammunition.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So is it like the power of a 22 Short in a 22 LR case?

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf has them for $12.99 or so a brick, but move fast. They do say that they may not cycle the action in a semi auto. Let us know. 710 fps.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just going to post this. However, it is $32.99/500 plus their usual $7.95 h/s charge. Limit one brick. Supposedly they only have 160 in stock, minus the one I bought for sure. Good deal.

While there, and to spread the shipping costs, I bought 1000 Starline 9mm too.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
OOPS! Sorry, I was going from memory but can't believe that I misread the email that badly. Thanks for pointing it out. I stand corrected.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
CCI QUIET 22 has the lowest velocity of any sub-sonic ammo we have tried.

It is also the worst in accuracy, in several rifles we have tried.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
CCI QUIET 22 has the lowest velocity of any sub-sonic ammo we have tried.

It is also the worst in accuracy, in several rifles we have tried.

I had hoped they would be better than the CB Longs but they were not impressive shot from a 513T.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote