Notify
Tools

Cooper rifles???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

Cooper rifles .22 LRs...any good?

I ask because I collect Winchester 52B Sportings and am looking for a rifle that is a "modern" classic that shoots great and is made in this country...Don't want to devalue my colection by shooting too much, but, frankly have been spoiled by these classics....They shoot great!

Anschutz, and the 52 replicas are OK, but ain't made in USA.

Coopers; thumbs-up / down?

Any input welcomed.

Thanks,

Jeff

one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
I have one in 22LR and had one in 17HMR.

They are a class act. Shoot great, very good trigger, beautiful wood, fit-n-finish is first rate. Comparable in accuracy, and build to Anschutz. Better wood than Anschutz. Actually, the 57M Cooper receiver was I guess inspired by the Anschutz 54. They use the same magazines even. You wouldn't be dissappointed.

Check out http://www.rimfirecentral.com where you will find a Cooper forum. A good many pics and other info have been posted.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen them at gunshows. Tough decision: to fondle a bikini model's bottom or the stock of a Cooper. Either way, you'll love it.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a .22LR Custom Classic and highly recommend their rifles. From what I've heard the customer service is as good as it gets if you ever need it.

There was a post some time ago on another board by a man who bought a USED Cooper that turned out to be horribly inaccurate. He called Cooper and they said to send it back. They recrowned it and such and it didn't help. In the end they rebarreled it - for FREE. All it cost the guy was shipping it to them.

John

Posts: 175 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cooper did that, no doubt, to keep their good name and reputation. That's class all the way.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
500grs posted about the wonderful service he recieved from them. Knifemaker has a .204 and told me it was a tac driver. I have only heard
great things about Cooper.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!

The guys at First Stop Gun have been great.

I'm deciding on which model to get....Western classic looks to be the way to go.

Thanks again,

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I picked up two 57's a while ago for this upcoming years sage rat hunting. The classic is 22 Mag and the bottom one is in 17HMR. The 22 mag wears a Leupold 4.5-14 LR and the 17 wears a Leupold MK 4 PR 3-5-10 mil-dot. These guns shoot way better than I expected. No complaints

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jimmyd223,

Nice "muskets"....Sage Rat???? I'm interested....tell us more.

As for the Coopers, I have a quote in hand for a "Western Classic"; exhibition wood, skeleton butt & cap, 15" LOP, case hardened Talleys, checkered knob, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah...

...Just deciding on a couple of things before ordering. They say the wait will be 7-8 months....Just in time for next season's Sage Rats....WTH are those things??

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post

clap Big Grin Jeff, get it ordered, sounds like a great little rifle, what caliber?

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two Cooper M57 LVT rifles. The rifles are chambered for the 17 HM2 and 17 HMR rounds. I use the rounds on prairie dogs.If you try one you`l like it.

tuck2

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rootbeer:
I've seen them at gunshows. Tough decision: to fondle a bikini model's bottom or the stock of a Cooper.

How many of those bikini clad models have you seen at gun shows that would allow you to fondle their bottoms? Son the Coopers are great but they can come later. lol

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote