Find
Notify
Tools

A trajic end to my 2018 season.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Jake, I am so terribly sorry to read this. Please, my absolute condolences. I just cannot imagine what you are experiencing. I'll keep you in my my thoughts and prayers.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to here such a tragedy, my condolences to you and your family.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen: Please SERIOUSLY CONSIDER DONATING to the GoFundMe for Amber Jefferson listed above. Some of you have already donated, but as also stated above, we here on AR ought to, just by ourselves, be able to meet the goal. Jake is one heck of a guide and a guy. I have met him only once. Being left with 6 children, the youngest merely two years old, is going to be an uphill battle for him, especially at this time of the year. When I look at my own children and grandchildren my heart breaks for him. Put yourselves in his shoes. So PLEASE, CONSIDER OR RECONSIDER A DONATION IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO. Take the money that you would easily spend on dinner, a movie and treats and help Jake and his young family out. And, thanks to those who have donated already.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jake,

I was shocked reading this. My condolences to you and your children. I really do not know what to say …

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WE are so sorry to hear this, God Bless you and your children, you have a big job ahead, but with God's help you can do it.God bless your loving wife, she is in his arms now.

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Just received word today and jumped on AR to check if there was mention of this terrible news. I'm very sorry for your loss Jake. Offering my heartfelt condolences and prayers for you and your family.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Jake. You and the children are in my thoughts. jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is tragic....our community mourns your loss..

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences. Its never easy to lose a loved one. With small children at home its much harder. So sorry....
Bruce

Posts: 373 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Jake, hang in there
No other way but to stay strong for your kids
Exact same thing happened to me 9 years ago
My Lydia was 44
Eye opening to say the least but you’ll get through

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss Jake. May your faith provide you and the children the strength to get through these difficult times. God bless.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Jake, so very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Amber was a wonderful person and I’m fortunate to have met her.

Jake, you Amber and your children will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Celebration of life service for Amber Jefferson is Monday November 26, 4:00PM at Wasilla Bible Church 1651 W Nicola Ave. Wasilla, AK 99654

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you and your family. I cannot find the words ...

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family. I feel your loss and am with you in prayer.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences in this hour of darknesss.
Despite this terrible loss you and your children must pursue the happiness your wife would have wished upon you all.
My best wishes for you and your children.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences. May she rest in peace.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Jake,
Though we have never met I, too, am a married man and a father. Words are inadequate but you and your kids are in my family's prayers here in Maine. While small consolation, my faith tells me God has a plan and it will one day be revealed to all.

In the meantime, you may always PM to talk.

God Bless you, your family, and your wife. May she rest in peace until you are reunited.

Jeff

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your loss.

You will all be rejoined again on that day.

Until that day...

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Jake,
I just returned from outside and read this news.
Words are impossible to describe the sympathy I feel for you and your children.
Mike

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences sent to you and your children for losing your wife and their mother. May her memory bring you all strength and peace during this difficult time.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joeblack2345:
Hey guys a friend of Jakes has set up a Fund Me Account
Please help.
I know he has had a major set back with guiding this year now this tragic unexpected passing of his wife.
Here is a guy now with 6 kids to raise and work.
Please help. Go to this link and give.
https://www.gofundme.com/amber...-v2-invite-to-donate

I tried twice to donate on this link, and both times my card was declined. Is this still an active link?

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears to still be active.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will call my CC provider and find out what happened.

Thanks.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the link is still good just tried it.
Needs more $$ to reach the goal.
Hope we can meet it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are more than one active Go Fund Me accounts.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss.She was way to young.Prayers sent.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers and condolences to you and your children.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll ask that you shall Receive...

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to add to this tragic post for days trying to think of something to say?
I don't know you, I just can't imagine being in your shoes. I am deeply sorry for your loss.
Hang in there, our thoughts & prayers are with you.

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the guides and hunting concessions out there, it would be great if you could challenge yourselves to donate at least $100 toward Jakes Go Fund Me. I am sure many have donated but just think This could be any of us. Reconsider if you thought about it there is no time limit. The expenses keep coming in for Jake. God Bless.

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
Jake, I am truly sorry for your loss. I have never met you , but I would hunt with you for sure. As a father of 3, I can't imagine going through this. My wife is the glue that keeps us together.

Supporting the Go Fund me page is a worthy cause that I happily contributed to. I hope everyone here can make a contribution to a worthy cause to help those going through a most difficult time

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is what Jake posted on Facebook, that Alaskan guide James Hubbs just shared with the rest of us on FaceBook. Unfortunately, the actual pics of Jake and his little girls did not copy over with this AR post, but his words ring loud and clear.

"45 mins ·
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, tree, selfie, beard, child, hat, closeup and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, shoes
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and closeup
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, shoes
Jake Jefferson added 4 new photos.
9 hrs

My littlest ladies. Bless their hearts. Thru it all these past couple weeks their joy and ignorance has been an amazing blessing. Keeping me grounded. But also causing the severest pain.

The first night I put 21 month old sage in bed after amber her mother passed away was hard for me. As I stumbled thru the choked up words to “Jesus loves me” it dawned on me that since the beginning of her tiniest of tiny hearts formed in her mother womb this was the first night she had not heard her mother’s voice. I tore apart inside.

When willow my 4 year old princess realized at the visitation of her mother what had actually happened, her heart crushed and she began to wail and scream for me to pick up the body of her mom and take her home so she could be alive again. To put her in her bed so she could be happy again. She laid on ambers chest kissing her cheeks and sobbing with purest of unbridled pain. I tore apart inside.

My pain is for my children. My tears are for my children. My strength is for my children. My walk with Jesus Christ is for children. My hope is in my children. I will be the man I need to be, for my children. God has entrusted me with these 6 amazing blessings. I will not let Him down."

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Amen.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jake, So sad to hear this news. Prayers for you and the children.
Joe

Posts: 38 | Location: Louisiana  | Registered: 30 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Money sent

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello AR members was thinking , It maybe old fashion with emails, messages and Facebook and all that stuff but what if we sent Jake some Christmas cards with our season greetings. I think the personal touch would be 100% appreciated by the family. You all still have time to do this . Just take a minute to do it.
Here is his address from his web site.

Jake Jefferson.
7362 W. Parks Hwy #381
Wasilla, AK 99623

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss and your children’s loss. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote