New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kodiak Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can one of the forum participants in Alaska tell me if Kodiak Bullets are available any longer? I use the 250 grain .358 FN in my .356. It does a great job on everything shot with it. Recently, I have been unable to find the web site for Kodiak Bullets. Any help in locating them would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 61 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 30 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrMike:
Can one of the forum participants in Alaska tell me if Kodiak Bullets are available any longer? I use the 250 grain .358 FN in my .356. It does a great job on everything shot with it. Recently, I have been unable to find the web site for Kodiak Bullets. Any help in locating them would be greatly appreciated.

Yes they are! I buy them in 400g .458 dancing

ALASKA BULLET WORKS, INC. 9978 CRAZY HORSE DRIVE JUNEAU, AK 99801 USA Contact: MIKE MURRAY Phone: (907)789-3834 Fax: (907)789-3433

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many Thanks. One last question. Do you know if they still have a web url? The old one at http://www.hunting-rifles.com/kodiak.htm has not operated for some weeks now. They are excellent bullets. I have shot them in my 7 mm RM and in my .280 and in a .30/06 I had at one time.

Posts: 61 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 30 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrMike:
Many Thanks. One last question. Do you know if they still have a web url? The old one at http://www.hunting-rifles.com/kodiak.htm has not operated for some weeks now. They are excellent bullets. I have shot them in my 7 mm RM and in my .280 and in a .30/06 I had at one time.

They must have Quit advertizing there?

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They must have Quit advertizing there?

The last time I have talked with Mike and ordered .338 and .458 bullets he mentioned he needed to update his website. He could get more business if only......but we know how it goes with a small business. Time and money.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot Kodiaks in my 416 rem mag the 400 gr and the 275 gr in my 338-378 Weatherby Nice bullets.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Ya thats kind of a problem ,,,That advertiseing ,.,Any more I,m looking to shoot GS Custom , North Fork , and mayby some Lutz Moellers, and Macafejs ,,., Why because they are actively involved here .....They share their knowledge , skill , and abilities with people willing to pay attention and ask a polite question or 2 ,., Wonder if anyone @ Kodiak Bullets has ever been online ?????

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of medium
posted Hide Post
I shoot the 350gr. extra heavy jacket in my .45-70 Marlin Guide Gun. I ordered some this last summer, he was a nice guy, knowledgeable, and he got them to me rather quickly. Hopefully, they will be back up and running soon.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 136 | Location: Seward, Alaska | Registered: 11 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been extremely pleased with the performance of the 250 grain Kodiak FN in my .356. The concern I registered is because the web site was down. Living in Canada, securing reloading components is difficult due to restrictions placed on export by the US Government. My local supplier is able to provide common components, but those that are less popular may be difficult to secure. When I travel to the states, I bring back the maximum allowable limits of powder and primers, and pick up whatever brass and bullets I may anticipate needing for the immediate future.