Notify
Tools

A kind of strange bear story
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Full story at the link

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57939501

A man has been rescued in Alaska after desperately flagging down help having been attacked and harassed by a grizzly bear for a week.

US Coast Guard officials were alerted by an SOS message on a shack roof and spotted a man waving his arms in the air calling for help.

The man told them he had been attacked by a bear and hadn't slept for days after it kept coming back to his camp.

He was found with chest bruising and an injured leg he had taped up.

The helicopter crew had been on their way to fly a team of scientists on a wildlife research mission when they were diverted off-course by weather and spotted the distress message.

According to the New York Times, the man had almost run out of ammunition for his gun and the door of the shack where he was staying had been ripped off.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoulda had bear spray as well as a pistol.....Or a Bow....

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was probably trying to just scare it away.....you know.....he didn't wanna shoot every bear he sees and wants us all to be able to enjoy wild places. rotflmo

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 247 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
He was probably trying to just scare it away.....you know.....he didn't wanna shoot every bear he sees and wants us all to be able to enjoy wild places. rotflmo

Reminds me of a news story tonight. Several of our big cities are having problems with aggressive coyotes. Everybody is whining and nobody is willing to face the obvious solution.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Just looking for the picnic basket! hilbily

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Full story at the link

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57939501

A man has been rescued in Alaska after desperately flagging down help having been attacked and harassed by a grizzly bear for a week.

US Coast Guard officials were alerted by an SOS message on a shack roof and spotted a man waving his arms in the air calling for help.

The man told them he had been attacked by a bear and hadn't slept for days after it kept coming back to his camp.

He was found with chest bruising and an injured leg he had taped up.

The helicopter crew had been on their way to fly a team of scientists on a wildlife research mission when they were diverted off-course by weather and spotted the distress message.

According to the New York Times, the man had almost run out of ammunition for his gun and the door of the shack where he was staying had been ripped off.

It sounds like the bear fell in lust with the guy. What would you call that? "A one-sided love" since the guy only had lead for the bear?

On the serious side, I have heard stories about bears that would keep on coming back numerous times, and at the end had to be shot and killed.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
As an moose guide once told me about a moose that had pinned him against the side of his truck. "I came out of it ok but I did need counseling."

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It seems he might have made it all up.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
As an moose guide once told me about a moose that had pinned him against the side of his truck. "I came out of it ok but I did need counseling."

Long ago one of my coworkers told me his brother's moose hunting story as follows: his brother shot a moose with his .30-06 rifle from a tree stand. The moose dropped a few feet away, and appeared to be dead, so he climbed down the tree when the moose got up, charged and pinned him agains the tree. All he could do was to hang for dear life to the moose antlers as he stood in the middle (between the brow tines). His hunting "partner" (I don't know if partner is the right word these days. Sounds kind of gay?) rushed over and shot the moose at close range a couple of times though the lungs and heart, killing it. But by then his brother had some broken ribs, plus cuts and bruises all over his chest. He survived, but I am certain that he din't help his friend skin and quarter the moose Smiler

This is a true story, and what makes it somewhat funny is that he worked for F&G at the time. I can only assume that the shot stunned the moose enough for it to pass out for a few seconds.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old juke.

I guy goes to Alaska for brown bear.

As he is sneaking along a bears grabs his 30-30 and looks him in the eye and says.

Sex with me or I'll kill you so the hunter drops his pants.

On the next trip he tells him self that he needs a bigger gun.

So he brings along a brand new 375H&H as he is sneaking along the same bear grabs the rifle from him and tells him again sex with me or I'll kill you.

The hunter drops his pants again.

On his 3rd trips his bus the biggest gun he can find at the time a 458 lott.

The same thing happens.

The bears looks at him and says are you coming here to hunt or just for the sex.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
p dog shooter =

Old juke.

tu2

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Old juke.

I guy goes to Alaska for brown bear.

As he is sneaking along a bears grabs his 30-30 and looks him in the eye and says.

Sex with me or I'll kill you so the hunter drops his pants.

On the next trip he tells him self that he needs a bigger gun.

So he brings along a brand new 375H&H as he is sneaking along the same bear grabs the rifle from him and tells him again sex with me or I'll kill you.

The hunter drops his pants again.

On his 3rd trips his bus the biggest gun he can find at the time a 458 lott.

The same thing happens.

The bears looks at him and says are you coming here to hunt or just for the sex.

lol! Love it

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote