Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a LH bolt gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted
I am looking for 375 H&H, 416 Rem, 458 Win or Lott in a left hand CRF bolt gun for a young buddy.

One of the Zastava rifles from the AR group buy would be perfect.

Nothing fancy, just a good working rifle with iron sights.

Maybe a even a reasonably priced MRC or CZ.

If you have one or know where one is available please PM me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CDNN has Ruger 77 Hawkeye in 375 Ruger, Stainless or blued $599.

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
On Gunbroker there's a new CZ in .375 h&H for $1,600.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=468870188

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

The Hawkeye is a great deal, but he wants an H&H, at that price he made need to reconsider.

Thanks for the lead on the CZ. I own one of the left hand CZs, bought it when they first came out. It is a shame the premium they attach.

If anybody has any other ideas they would be appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I may order one of the Hawkeyes just to have it. That is a hard price to beat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I was lucky. I bought a NIB LH CZ 550 375 H&H from a gun shop in Florida for $1,200. I believe I saw it on the Gunsinternational site. I looked for a month or so before I found it.

In terms of "bang for your buck," I don't think you could go wrong with a Ruger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both the Ruger Alaskan and African in 375 Ruger. I love them both and consider them a screaming value.

I also have a Sako 375 and Model 70 in a Lott.

I like the Rugers just as much as the other two.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of the Hawkeyes for myself. If anything it will make a nice hog rifle for the marsh.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike it does not take a lot of gunsmith work to turn a 300wm Hawkeye into a 375 H&H it's been done many times. some guys don't even move the bolt stop back. You could do it for under 1500.00 that's if you buy a new Hawkeye for the platform.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
I ordered one of the Hawkeyes for myself. If anything it will make a nice hog rifle for the marsh.

You could also sent it to SSK Ind. to be rebarreled to 9.3, 416, 458, or a 50 B&M

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
A B&M in a Ruger rifle? Are you trying to give Michael458 a heart attack?

Seriously thanks for all the info.

It looks look my buddy will buy a CZ.

I also ran across this site. Did not contact them but it could maybe help a fellow left hander.

http://lefthandedgun.com/left-handed-guns.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A B&M in a Ruger rifle? Are you trying to give Michael458 a heart attack?

Don't worry about Michael's health, in regards to Ruger's.

I have been communicating with Michael about using a Ruger 77 Hawkeye, no problem with him or Brian at SSK Ind. There has been one made in 416 B&M. He knows lefties' have a problem finding Winchester 70's, with prices going over $1000. There are even some MRC in B&M calibers in the works.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke: ... It looks look my buddy will buy a CZ. ...

If he does, you may want to point him in the direction of Wayne at AHR. He does same great after market work on CZ rifles.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Wayne does great work. My CZ550 was actually the first Left Hand CZ he upgraded.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke: ... My CZ550 was actually the first Left Hand CZ he upgraded.

Well don't get rid of it. With a pedigree like that I am sure it is or will be a collector's item.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
My 375 Ruger came in yesterday. It is the SS 20" barrel version.

Short, handy little rifle. The sights are exactly what I like. The rear sight is far enough forward and the front sight is just the right diameter and it is white.

Action seems fine. Stock finish is rough and like all factory rifles the LOP is too short for me. A thicker recoil pad will solve that problem.

If it functions and shoots straight it will be well worth the $599.00 that I paid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My 375 Ruger came in yesterday. It is the SS 20" barrel version.

Short, handy little rifle. The sights are exactly what I like. The rear sight is far enough forward and the front sight is just the right diameter and it is white.

Action seems fine. Stock finish is rough and like all factory rifles the LOP is too short for me. A thicker recoil pad will solve that problem.

If it functions and shoots straight it will be well worth the $599.00 that I paid.

I bought 3 of these but paid $699. Great deal at $599. Try it out you will be impressed. Also these guns are indestructible. I dropped it down a hill in Alaska, left it out in the rain, dragged it across a stone runway - stock held in very impressive.

The makes a great truck gun - now I need to buy a forth.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Theres a Ruger 375 SS laminate heading my way from CDNN.

Couldn't turn it down, my bank card gives me 13% cash back....$543.66 shipped

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coyote wacker:

Dude, please tell us who issued your card because I want one of those!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That has to be a misprint, No credit card company or bank would ever give 13% cash back.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6607 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elkins45:
quote:
Originally posted by coyote wacker:

Dude, please tell us who issued your card because I want one of those!

No it's not a misprint.

I had to ask the manager twice when she told me. You get 13% from a chosen category like gas, utility bills, stores Ect. any other purchases is 11%

The bank is Huntington Bank based in Ohio, the account type is Huntington 25 Checking.

posted Hide Post
It's more likely that it's a 13% rewards points in certain categories instead of the usual 10%.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked out the banks web site. Its points like George suggested. And each point is worth one penny!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6607 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote