New
Find
Notify
Tools

no real lefties here...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the southpaw side of the crew here are always discussing the lack of LH rifles available.

There has been a true, built from the ground up custom LH barreled action in the classifieds for about a week, and none of you tire kickers have even posted on it.

How does that happen?

ISS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Because, like your claims of having taken dozens of 300+ point bulls on public land, the details on that rifle are unsubstantiated.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
$1750.00 for a left hand action, not a magnum length action, made in Japan with Soyo South Paw stenciled in the side is what I have been looking for all my life.

Sorry, I forgot to add it has a 30-06 barrel screwed on it. WOW!!!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
$1750.00 for a left hand action, not a magnum length action, made in Japan with Soyo South Paw stenciled in the side is what I have been looking for all my life.

Sorry, I forgot to add it has a 30-06 barrel screwed on it. WOW!!!

All that. It's not worth $500 to me.

For less than half of that price I can buy a left handed Zastava Mauser. I can then tear it down and sell off the extra parts and build a custom gun in a chambering that I like.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a LH PO Ackley Mauser in a 308 target configuration made by H McGowen in 1967 ( bona fides available) that I would part with for $2750.

It has Lyman target sights and I added a EGW picatinny rail for scope use. Beautiful metal finish, prone stock. Devcon steel bedding replaced the old acraglas.

Me, I use my M70 300H&H quite effectively as is.

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Is it set up as an Across the Course rifle?

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Because, like your claims of having taken dozens of 300+ point bulls on public land, the details on that rifle are unsubstantiated.

George

George has this right...on both counts.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, since nobody here ever saw the original post, including our esteemed moderator; it is still a bullshit lie.

I expected a bit more fairness and common sense, but since this moderator has asked me not to ever PM him again, I can live with this.

Got a copy of that original PM to post, either of you?

didn't think so...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
Is it set up as an Across the Course rifle?

No, as it has no clip slot, but indeed holds 5 down, so a clip slot added would make it useful XTC.

The old Lyman sights are not up to todays standards as well- but adding a Warner top mount on the EGW rail or Phoenix/RPA and a taller FS assembly w/ iris would get you there handily.

I have considered this for my future XTC efforts, but I am sticking with the service rifle for now.

email me at acempao4 at gmail dot com if you wish to see pictures...

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HPMaster,

E-mail and message sent.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which part, the left hand...?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Which part, the left hand...?

Go away please.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the OP and he was very straightforward with his information and I have no reason to doubt him. However, the action's provenance is unclear and thus, the action's value is diminished. I have two commercial LH Zastavas in my closet and I have no doubt they will become an excellent pair for my 7x57 and 9.3x62 project. I will wager they will be indistinguishable from this one when Dennis Olson is done.

I doubt this makes me less, Rich.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote