THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH CZ Safari 375 H&H for sale

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH CZ Safari 375 H&H for sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In case someone is interested Buds Gun Shop (the retail store) in Lexington, KY has a used CZ for $1099. It hardly looks used at all. I have no idea if that’s a good price or a terrible one, just passing it along.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great price. They went for 1799$ new.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
This one pains me.

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like carrying a club go for it. Way to heavy and bulky for my tastes. Bought one used and sold it off pretty quick.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
If you like carrying a club go for it. Way to heavy and bulky for my tastes. Bought one used and sold it off pretty quick.

I love mine. I hunted it hard and had Wayne at ahr do a custom stock for it. He had done some custom work before I hunted it hard.

I would buy this rifle as a spare but I already have a custom 458 Lott built on this rifle. I should eventually put a 375 barrel and make it a spare. But I have a blaser r8 in 375 that outshoots everything else I own big bore.

It is not a slim gun Big Grin But it is a great rifle.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

But the price tag!

If clubby is it's worst attribute I'd think a custom synthetic stock is a simple improvement.

Last year one of our AR friends sold me a nice Zastava in 375 and another sold me a nice Zastava action, neither which Ive touched since receiving so I guess I'll sit this one out.

Would certainly like to turn something like this into something like a 400 H&H or,........

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
By the way S,
Carried your 9.3 again this fall.
286 partitions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
By the way S,
286 partitions.

Glad its still seeing use in AlaskaSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
By the way S,
286 partitions.

Seems to have become my go- to.

The .375 is ok and my .458 is heavy. I have killed a couple moose with both and the 458 is thunderous.

But that dang 9.3 is light in the hand and on recoil. I think I like the 320g more, but that 286 gave a hell of an audible"whop!" this fall and the bull actually flipped over backwards! Never seen anything like that.

I suspect I'll mess around some more, but I expect the 9.3 to be most carried.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last three moose I shot before we moved out of Alaska was with a 9.3 and 286 gr bullets. It taught me not to carry a 375 H&H anymore.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
By the way S,
286 partitions.

Seems to have become my go- to.

The .375 is ok and my .458 is heavy. I have killed a couple moose with both and the 458 is thunderous.

But that dang 9.3 is light in the hand and on recoil. I think I like the 320g more, but that 286 gave a hell of an audible"whop!" this fall and the bull actually flipped over backwards! Never seen anything like that.

I suspect I'll mess around some more, but I expect the 9.3 to be most carried.

You need a left handed ruger Alaskan in 375 ruger Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Well,

On one hand I say I have pretty much settled on the -06 sized cases, so the 30 cal or 32/35-06 suits me fine as does the 9.3 or mebbe a 375-06.

Then in the next breath I'll wonder about the 400 H&H, the 404/ 375, and about once a year the 505 Gibbs.
I actually had the ruger African 375 and sold it locally. I loaded for it, thought it shot nice, but I just didn't get it.