ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    My Sonora Mexico hunting season 2019-2020 (lots of pictures)

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Sonora Mexico hunting season 2019-2020 (lots of pictures)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted
Despite the talk about how dangerous Sonora was and the unfortunate things that happened near Chihuahua we managed to have a great hunting season in our ranches. We had no security issues and had a good hunting season with several happy clients, some great mule deer were taken, some nice management deer as well including the biggest we have seen and taken along with some stud coues deer that we ran across without even really focusing on them, of our clients only 2 did not get their mule deer, one held on for a giant and missed one typical over 200" buck on the last day, other had bad luck with a stud buck in the 190" range being spotted the first day but gave us the slip and despite grinding the rest of the hunt and the other truck who had tagged out spotting several huge deer we were not able to make it happen. Overall an enjoyable season with some old and some new friends with a great time had by everyone, I will let the pictures do the talk, anyone interest we are taking bookings for both mule and coues deer for next season!

Manuel Maldonado

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few studs in there......very nice! Obviously someone believes it's safe enough to bring his kids along.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Pretty amazing that another thread where a lot of speculations, comments by people who have never been down here, and people that believe the lies of a tv show received more comments than an actual report on a hunt with several clients and children involved down here in Mexico!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Some nice coues and desert mule deer in the bunch with some happy clients. tu2 Congrats on your season! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic success!
You must run a good operation and have some wonderful trophies to take that great mix of fine heads!
Well done man!

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, this bunch of wide racked bucks
proves I've always hunted the wrong places.

Never seen such racks as these. Endless show.

Thank you for sharing these great pictures
with us.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Manuel,
What will the situation be for Americans wanting to hunt Mexico this season. Has C19 stopped or added any additional protocol to gaining entrance? Thanks!
Russell

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Russell,
Not to answer for Manuel but we received our Mexican bird hunting permits the last week of August. The permits are good for baja and Sonora.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
samir,

You may have your permits but American travel to Mexico is still limited to "Essential" travel. I can't imagine hunting is considered essential.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Lets just say its "Mexico" and everyone is crossing the border trailering all their toys across without issue. Baja racing, fishing and hunting are all up and running.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is also what I am hearing, business as usual.

Posts: 711 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a friend go diving in Baja during August. Had a great time.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Manuel,

Photos like those are making me re-think another Buff hunt in Africa and consider a Mulie hunt with you.

What's the longest hunt that you do?

I'll take one of these to go, please. Eeker

quote:

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow nice trips!! dancing tu2

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SpicyCrabDip
posted Hide Post
The racks on some of those bucks... Looks like it's time for a trip down Mexico way

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some real beauties!

Posts: 621 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Manuel, sent you an email on these hunts. Thanks

Posts: 145 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote