Find
Notify
Tools

BUFFALO or BUFF/SABLE COMBO in Matetsi Unit 1
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

I had my first clients on Unit 1 this last season and everyone including the observers were very impressed. Gary Hopkins/Klipkraal Travel and Safari was the PH and as usual he did a fantastic job with my folks. The accommodations are super nice with all the amenities and excellent food. Grounds around the lodge are nicely landscaped and well maintained. Unit 1 is only one short hour's drive from Victoria Falls airport making a day trip for observers or just to take a day off during the hunt very easy to arrange. Additionally there is no road transfer fee necessary. Of course the hunting for all the the normal Zimbabwe species is excellent.

In the course of a hunt in Unit 1 you should see hundreds of buffalo, lots of elephant, a good array of plains game and with a little luck the big cats. Most hunters will see lion and/or leopard in daylight.

This may be the best buffalo hunting I offer in Zimbabwe just because of the sheer numbers of buffalo that will be seen. You'll have so many opportunities to stalk buffalo you'll be able to be very selective. Sable are there in descent numbers and you should take a nice bull.

Terrain is quite gentle making for fairly easy walking although you may put on some distance.

If this sounds interesting do a search here on AR for Matetsi Unit 1 hunting reports and I think you'll find some very positive feedback.

Pricing:

1x1 10 days $1,150 per day buffalo and plains game
1x1 12 days $1,150 per day buffalo, sable and plains game
2% levy on daily fees
$23 per day VAT

Trophy Fees:

Buffalo $6,500
Sable $6,500
Bushbuck $1,000
Eland $1,800
Giraffe $3,500
Impala $350
klipspringer $900
Kudu $1,400
Reedbuck $1,100
Hyena $500
Warthog $550
Waterbuck $1,800
Zebra $1,200

Extras:

4% levy on trophy fees
Dip/pack dependent on # of animals taken
Hotels before or after the safari as necessary
International airfare
Trophy shipping
Gratuity at hunter's discretion.

Right now the schedule is quite open for '20 and '21. Give me a call and we'll put something great together for you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second that in spades - I was the first client in. Had a GREAT time and hunt. Took my wife and 15 year old daughter - they were in the field some days and running around Vic Falls other days. I don't have any idea how many buff we saw but it was plenty. Saw sable nearly every day - there's plenty around. Tons of elephant too, one day we saw well over 150. Roan, Lion, Sable were all seen. Hippo tracks, but no hippo. Leopard ate part of my sable. Great time, great camp, great people.

Highly recommend it for a family trip - wife and daughter loved it. Plenty to do in Vic Falls for them and a local guide was available at minimal cost for them.

Shot a "proper" buff and a dang nice sable - my hunt report is up, probably on the second or third page by now, and there's another Unit 1 report on the first page.

Mark can put you in touch with me if you want to chat on the phone for a personal reference.

Jeff

Posts: 93 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With Quote