Find
Notify
Tools

Eastern NC Black Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Let me start off by telling everyone from AR that visited us this year how much a pleasure it was to hunt and to get to know each of you. We had a safe and successful season with only one gentleman that did not have the opportunity to take a shot at a 500 pounder. He will be returning the first week of the November at no charge. We harvested several quality bears this season with a total of nine quality bears in the 250 to 430 range and two over 500 pounds.
There was a 636 that we had been feeding all year that was harvested next to our property line. The big 500 sow that is in front of the lodge is still alive as well as the big bear on the home farm. I am hoping that the big sow at the lodge will not have cubs in 2017. She may go over 630 by next season and all of our bears will have a full buffet all spring, summer and fall to gain weight. I will post pictures throughout the year.

I just leased an additional tract in Tyrell and made an offer on a tract in Hyde. I have also worked out a deal with some new hounds men from the Appalachian Mountains of NC. NC hounds are good but mountain dogs are more trained because they get the additional training during the summer months when it is too hot and dangerous to train here in Eastern NC.

Below is the hunt that I have available.

Quality Black Bear. This is a bear that weighs a minimum of 250 to 450 pounds. Cost of this hunt is $4,500 and there is a guarantee that you will have the opportunity to take a shot at a quality bear. I have a select amount of these hunts available. Keep in mind that if you do not want to use hounds then I can not guarantee you will have a shot at a quality bear after the November season. Our bears get nocturnal after the first week of the season. Still hunting is possible but not as effective. At this time, I am booked on trophy bear but may have an additional opening once I get the contract on the additional lease. I have several videos and pictures that I will try and post in the near future.

All hunts are fully guided. Packages include lodging and airport pickup from Greenville, NC.

This was a 515 that we harvested the second day. This bear severely injured a dog and charged one of the hounds men with a dog in it's mouth. The hounds men finally killed the bear with six shots and the final shot was after he was knocked down on the ground with bear almost on top of him. We had a client that wanted to upgrade to a 500 pounder on this day but guide was protecting his and the dogs life and had to take the shots. Client still got a nice bear that afternoon. I have several stories like this that I will share when I have time from events that occurred with me and some of my friends in 2016. Keep in mind if you are thinking about this hunt it is Dangerous Game Hunting! These bears get very aggressive when they have hounds on them.

All hunting is fair chase on private family owned and leased land of Purvis Farms, Endless Migration Safaris and Roanoke River Waterfowl.
Outfitter is Captain Clark Purvis
252-826-4288
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
This was a bear that was on my brother's farm. Weight was 685 but the biologist said that the bear had not eaten anything in a month due to its broken jaw. Think about the bear that won the fight with this beast.

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I have talked with several NC Wildlife Commissioners and the vote will pass to give us an additional two or three weeks for our 2017 bear season. I just closed on a new lease in Tyrell county. The below 636 pound bear was killed on this lease by my guide Tyler this past season. I now have a few available openings.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
No spring season?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13144 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Sorry, We do not have a spring season. Below is a bear that an AR member harvested on Dec. 19th of this past season. Weight was 415 pounds.

Please note that we do take time and take good pictures but photos can be easily hijacked on open forums so we do not post to respect the privacy of the hunter.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Sorry, We do not have a spring season. Below is a bear that an AR member harvested on Dec. 19th of this past season. Weight was 415 pounds.

Please note that we do take time and take good pictures but photos can be easily hijacked on open forums so we do not post to respect the privacy of the hunter.

Simply get a watermark for all your pics - you can mark any photo in about 30 seconds.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote