Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard Hunt Offer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
Having heard the good news that I was also fortunate enough to draw a Limpopo tag for 2011 I have a leopard hunt of my own to advertise…

Location of Hunt?

10,000 acres in the Waterberg Mountains of Limpopo Province – hunting that marauding Tom (or one of his mates) that has been giving my neighbour hell for the last three years, and is responsible for catching several of his calves every year…

How do we hunt?

In a way that would give the client the best chance on success i.e. over bait from a blind and guided by an experienced PH with 25 years experience and 74 successful leopard hunts under his belt (references are available) and myself (references also available). We will pre-bait the leopard prior to your arrival at no extra charge and you will stay here with us on our ranch where your accommodation will comprise of a comfortable air conditioned chalet and where you will be served good food. Soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages (in moderation) will be provided free of charge.

Price of hunt:

I think what puts many clients off from booking Leopard hunts are the higher daily rates that are normally charged by Outfitters, that they might have to spend night-after-night in a blind and then the possibility of spending all that money in Daily Rates without returning with their leopard trophies in the salt.

For this reason I’ will price the hunt differently this year…

Instead of charging a higher daily rate and a low trophy fee , I’m going to charge a Plains Game Daily Rate and a higher Trophy Fee… This means the total cost of a successful hunt will be on par with what you can normally expect to pay but the total price of an unsuccessful hunt will be a lot less than what would normally be the case.

There are two distinct advantages from the client’s perspective to this way of pricing:-

1.) It motivates the Outfitter / PH to be successful. If he’s not successful he’d have spent 14 hunting days – earning PG rates (maybe not even hunting any plains game) – and he’d make no money on the leopard trophy.

2.) Should he/she not get his cat; the client wouldn’t have spent expensive DG Rates on an unsuccessful hunt.

With the above in mind – here’s what the hunt will cost you:

Daily Rates:

$400p/d X 14 days = $5,600
Value Added Tax (14%) - $784
Total Daily Rates (tax incl.) - $6,384.00

Leopard Trophy Fee - $8,990 (payable only if leopard is killed or wounded)

Extra costs:

License fee

Bait animals (if needed):

Warthog/ Impala - $150
Kudu cow - $400

Meat of Plains Game animals hunted by the client may be used for bait at no extra cost.

At $15,374.00 for a quality hunt in an area that is known for good leopard it is very reasonably priced so please contact me if you’re interested.

Plains Game and Buffalo may be hunted during the same hunt at regular trophy fees as advertised on my website.

Good Hunting!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this is a great idea, i.e. the pricing scheme you have set up here. The client can know that they will get a chance at a leopard at a very reasonable rate. They will only turn loose of thy big bucks if they are successful in taking a cat. Nobody should mind paying IF they get a cat.

If I were in the market this is a hunt I would definitely consider.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I too like this pricing structure. Do you do it the same way on your Mozambique leopard hunts?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what dates do you have open and what dates do you consider prime time?
thanks

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you allowed to hunt the leopard at night?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is a good deal.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I too like this pricing structure. Do you do it the same way on your Mozambique leopard hunts?

Unfortunately not SBT - this offer is only valid for Limpopo. PM on the way to you though.

Regards,

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerryb:
what dates do you have open and what dates do you consider prime time?
thanks

Gerry,

At things stand now I have an opening between May 23rd and June 10th. This would be a good time to hunt as 1.) We've had livestock leopard kills between May and August every year for the last three years and 2.) it falls outside full moon.

Regards,

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBoreCore:
Are you allowed to hunt the leopard at night?

Yes Mike, night hunting for leopard is allowed and legal in Limpopo.

Regards,

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I was with Chris in this area in 2009 and it is prime Leopard habitat. While there I saw a massive, record book Warthog taken by locals so there is a chance of double success.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But that pig is already dead ... ??? Frowner (Obvious desperate for a good laugh at 6:57 a.m.) Cheers ! tu2

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
But that pig is already dead ... ??? Frowner (Obvious desperate for a good laugh at 6:57 a.m.) Cheers ! tu2

Oh I think we have a few more left... Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bravo !!! A trophy of trophies !!!

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
Bravo !!! A trophy of trophies !!!

What do you mean "trophy"? Wink

This is what we shoot for bait! jumping in this case Hyena...

We leave the "real" trophies for serious Warthog hunters... Cool

Kidding of course!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that is a cool hyena !! Never whacked one of those . Good to know that they are not infested with vermin !!! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
I want to thank all those who contacted me about this hunt, The interest it generated (particularly via PM and private email) was quite overwhelming.

Just to let you all know that this hunt has now been sold.

If you're interested in SA plains game or Buffalo hunts please remember I have some excellent deals available in Natal.

Thanks again!

Regards,