Notify
Tools

Colorado "Elk In Velvet & Rut" Hunt - 2018
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Global Hunting Resources - Agent

Brian Palmer - Outfitter

Folks, this is one of the most unique hunts for bull elk you will ever find (hunting in the velvet) and in the rut with any weapon. We have roughly 20,000 acres of private land in the San Luis Valley - where the ranchers can allow hunting elk to start in May!

If you are interested - please email me at globalhunts@aol.com

Tags are bull specific, and they are landowner vouchers provided from the landowner. The hunting is pretty easy, glassing and spot/stalk when the elk are in the hay fields, etc. Lots of elk!

Bulls range from 260" - 320" on average, but 340"+ bulls are taken each year!

PLEASE NOTE: This is a class "B" license in Colorado....so in other words its an "additional" tag, to your normally scheduled archery, muzzleloader or rifle elk hunt in CO.

We do 10 hunts per year, we'll start these on July 15th, 2018.

Food/lodging and guiding (2x1) is provided.

5 - day hunt at $5,950 each (License / Habitat stamp roughly $580)

DATES INCLUDE - ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE DAYS
1) July 15th to July 21st 2 hunters @ $5950 each bulls in velvet any weapon, landowner voucher

2) July 22nd to July 28th 2 hunters @ $5950 each bulls in velvet any weapon, landowner voucher

3) August 18th to 24th 2 hunters @ $5500 each bulls hard horned any weapon, landowner voucher

4) September 16th to 22nd 2 hunters @ $5500 each bulls in rut, any weapon, landowner voucher

5) September 23rd to 29th 2 hunters @ $5500 each bulls still bugling, any weapon, landowner voucher

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Is this a high fence operation? Success rate? Sounds too good to be true.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Is this a high fence operation? Success rate? Sounds too good to be true.

No...not high fence at all. Wild / Free Ranging elk.

We did 12 hunts last year, killed 10 bulls. The 2 hunters who did not get a bull both passed 5x5's hoping for big bulls.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finish a bison hu t in ND on sept 25 for 5days

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a class "B" license in Colorado....so in other words its an "additional" tag, to your normally scheduled archery, muzzleloader or rifle elk hunt in CO

One needs to all ready have a CO. elk tag to do one of these hunts.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a class "B" license in Colorado....so in other words its an "additional" tag, to your normally scheduled archery, muzzleloader or rifle elk hunt in CO

One needs to all ready have a CO. elk tag to do

one of these hunts.

I think this is a ranching for wildlife program. Tag would be landowners & you don't have to draw them. Ranch is given a number of tags to sale for there hunts & in return the public has a chance to draw several tags to hunt the ranch which is a draw.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the elk are coming down to Hayfields would this hunt be suitable for somebody in a wheelchair?

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colorado Bob:
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

One needs to all ready have a CO. elk tag to do

one of these hunts.

I think this is a ranching for wildlife program. Tag would be landowners & you don't have to draw them. Ranch is given a number of tags to sale for there hunts & in return the public has a chance to draw several tags to hunt the ranch which is a draw.

No, its not RFW - and no you do not need to already have a List A license to get a list B license either guys! The landowner provides the voucher - then the hunter buys the license - that simple.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Routier:
Since the elk are coming down to Hayfields would this hunt be suitable for somebody in a wheelchair?

Its possible Randy, but the elk definitely move around a bit too.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My took my son on an elk hunt with Brian Palmer last fall and he took a nice 5x5 on the private land. I have never had a guide work as hard as Brian did to get Spencer into a good spot to get an elk. Great food, lots of elk and plenty of opportunities. I would hunt with Brian and his crew any time. The man is a hunting master!