THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major discounted leopard hunt with dogs.
 Login/Join

Picture of Mozhunt
posted
Traditional Mozambique safaris is offering 2 on 1 leopard safari with dogs, package for both leopard 33 000$

Size of area: 690 000 acres.

Duration of hunt : 14 days.

Cost of dogs for 14 days, 10 000$ compulsory.

Dogs we using is from Theunis Botha, imo the best leopard dog handler in Africa.

Day rate : 821.42$ a day per client.

Trophy fee : No charge

Govt trophy fee included in day rate.

Clients need to fly to Lichinga. Will be collected in Lichinga and returned by landcruiser, 6 hour drive, no charge.

Roosevelt sable can be added for 3500$

simon.leach@tmshunt.com

Mobile : +27 82 572 7725 can be contacted on Whatsapp.

We already have 3 Toms feeding on baits, dogs have never been used in this area.

Posts: 23 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 30 August 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mozhunt:
Traditional Mozambique safaris is offering 2 on 1 leopard safari with dogs, package for both leopard 33 000$

Size of area: 690 000 acres.

Duration of hunt : 14 days.

Cost of dogs for 14 days, 10 000$ compulsory.

Dogs we using is from Theunis Botha, imo the best leopard dog handler in Africa.

Day rate : 821.42$ a day per client.

Trophy fee : No charge

Govt trophy fee included in day rate.

Clients need to fly to Lichinga. Will be collected in Lichinga and returned by landcruiser, 6 hour drive, no charge.

Roosevelt sable can be added for 3500$

simon.leach@tmshunt.com

Mobile : +27 82 572 7725 can be contacted on Whatsapp.

We already have 3 Toms feeding on baits, dogs have never been used in this area.

Excluded: Dipping and shipping costs, any hotel before and after hunt.Tips. Mozambique hunting and rifle permits 250$ each.

INCLUDED:

-pick up and drop off at airport
-accomodation
-all meals
-beverages
-laundry
-trackers and skinners
-services of PH
-all land transport

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Am I missing something here, but if you have cats on baits already, why not spare the dogs, save the USD 10.000,- on the dogs for your client, and offer this as a double leopard on bait at USD 23.000,- ??

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
Leopard on baits are never a done deal, just had client when the first morning we checked the baits, we had 4 leopard hit one bait, two great Toms, female and youngster. Didn't come in the next night, huge fire next night, burnt all our blinds. They have only started on baits now again. I don't have the time to take a chance on only baits, the season is nearly over. Dogs are going to give the clients so much more chance of success.

Chalie, I hope that answers your question.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Yes it does. Thx

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So the costs for one hunter is 16500 plus 5000 dogs i.e. 21500 usd all-in? Thank you.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this is a two on one safari.I am selling it as a package for two hunters, the dogs would normally cost 8500$ per 10 day hunt per one client, Theunis has offered to help me at 10000 $ for 14 days, two clients.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simon if I can break the time away, I'd love to do this hunt!

As I understand it, the dog cost is included in the $33,000 and you are only offering it as a 2x1 to make the deal work to get both cats. I think there is some confusion over your comment "Cost of dogs for 14 days, 10 000$ compulsory." As I understand it, you are pointing out that you are covering that cost in the package? So $16,500 per hunter, plus flights, hotel if needed, and government permits, plus dip and pack and shipping, plus any extra PG trophy fees, of which you are offering a wild Sable at $3500! Oh and plus tips... So all in, not sure what hotel and flights cost, or dip and ship, but all is a guy from the USA ought to be in for about $25,000 to $27,000 all total for leopard with dogs, sable, tips, travel, incidentals.... And then needs to find a buddy to tag along at about the same cost, if he wants sable as well.... And personally I would want to have the budget for the odd duiker, bush buck, croc.... or elephant that may come alongWink

Does that sum it up?

Bob

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
actbob, yes the dogs are compulsory, the price of the dogs is covered in the day rate. THere's one night accommodation needed in Maputo on trip up to camp, VIP hotel, roughly 140$. Pretty sure old duiker will be around.....could even grow into elephant size.

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
actbob, if you don't have a buddy, you could do both.... Frowner dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mozhunt:
actbob, yes the dogs are compulsory, the price of the dogs is covered in the day rate. THere's one night accommodation needed in Maputo on trip up to camp, VIP hotel, roughly 140$. Pretty sure old duiker will be around.....could even grow into elephant size.

Dear Sir ,
Are you suggesting this potsntial client can shot an elephant in your area?
To the best of my knowledge your area as well as other Niassa areas are not having elephant quota , or am i wrong ?
I think you should be more careful about suggestions but if i am wrong i am sorry.
Cheers

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he meant a play on words, Indi. The duiker are rather large, i.e. elephant size duiker.

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Simon the past two seasons. We heard leopards from camp several nights both years.

I shot this tom my second night in the blind last year.

And I got this 41" Roosevelt Sable with Simon this year.

I also believe that Simon does have one elephant on quota this year.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
Indi, you are 100% correct about the elephant quota in Niassa, TMS in the past received the highest quota, this year North of the Zambezi no one received elephant quota.

As Dutch44 said, that was a play on words.

buffybr, is half correct, we do have to shoot one elephant, this is a PAC elephant that is causing problems, in the past we have generally chased elephant out of the villages back into the concession, but have also had to kill some, ie one elephant killed 4 people in a week.

Indi, it's good to see there are people on the internet that are watching out for fellow hunters backs. As you seem to be clued up to the situation, you don't do anything in Mozambique unless you have official documents, we do have the official documents. Thanks for your input, it's appreciated, we do follow the laws.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the nice cat and sable buffybr!

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I realize the odds are pretty good, but anything forthcoming if no cat is taken?

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
This hunt is already discounted, but willing to refund 3500$ if no cat taken.

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to inform members, hunt was sold. Thank you.

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
Depending on quota for 2017, we will be offering 2 leopards again but as one on one hunts. Please email if you would like to be kept up to date.

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
Actionbob, took his leopard on the fourth day of the hunt. We have one tag left for 2017.

Not sure how to post photo? Any help?

Picture of Mozhunt
posted Hide Post
We have one leopard for 16-30 August 2017, hunt will be with hounds. 28 500$.