Find
Notify
Tools

Australian Buff Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GunsmokeAdventures
posted
9 Day 2x1 Hunt is for culling of multiple non exportable water buffalo in remote Arnhem Land

Dates 18 July - 26 July

This is an opening to join with a fellow AR member on this popular hunt for multiple animals. (this will be his third year in a row)
Unlimited buffalo may be shot during the hunt and you are only limited by the time taken to salvage the meat ....and your shooting ability

We will be targeting mature buffalo bulls less than 90 SCI as a preference but will also shoot cows where opportunity presents itself.

Expectation is a minimum of 4 buffalo per day but can potentially be more

The all in price for the 9 days is $US 9700 and is including
• Road Transfer to camp from Darwin
• Food and lodging
• All cull buffalo and pigs (ie no trophy fees)
• Hunting guide and 4wd vehicle

Not included
• International visitor licence and rifle import permit from NT police ($200)
• Any Darwin accommodation before and after the hunt
• International airfares
• Rifle hire/ammunition (if required)

SOME PHOTOS OF AR FELLOW MEMBERS ON PREVIOUS HUNTS

Info@gunsmokeadventures.com.au
+61438860510

Posts: 93 | Location: Darwin, Australia  | Registered: 21 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went on this hunt last year and it is a BLAST !! Buf are every where and you are constantly sneaking up on them, some times you can get doubles. You guys who like to shoot doubles, this is tailor made for that.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Gents, this is a great hunt! My third consecutive year. Barry is a good cook and a heck of a shot with his .470 when mopping up as well as fun to be around. Sorry Randy can't make it as he'll be off elephant hunting. Would love to see that buffalo riding SOB, Butch, tag along. Anyway, interested parties are welcome to call my cell for more info. 703-929-3489. Shoot about 15 buffalo each for less than a single Africa buffalo hunt. Can't go wrong!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I imagine this is about as good as it gets for double rifle guys.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes and this is the hunt I always wanted to do.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
would you be able to take a group of 8 hunters

talking to the family about

a wild up north cultural experience

seeing as for the most part you aussies are of royal english descendancy

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
with the exception of some one like say Johnny

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank,
when are yes, you thinking of coming back with the family. We can always make a plan to accommodate a larger group

+61438860510

Posts: 93 | Location: Darwin, Australia  | Registered: 21 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to make sure, $9700 per hunter hunting 2 x 1?

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
at 25 buffalo a week that works out to 400 usd per animal all in

fair price for a wild west buffalo kill trip

at 100 head in 2014 it was about 40 bucks

so that there is something to think about

great place to advance the art of shooting buffalo at affordable pricing

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
Just to make sure, $9700 per hunter hunting 2 x 1?

PM sent.

Actually $9,900 including the International Permits which Barry handles very efficiently.

To all. I am not an agent for Barry and receive no discount for the hunt. This is just a great deal!

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would you be able to shoot any exportable bulls for trophy fee on the same hunt? If so, what would be TF?

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time will be spent targeting non exportable animals with a focus on harvesting the meat and getting multiple animals.
Should a trophy bull be encountered by opportunity then the option may be available for a TF of $3000. NOTE : The cull hunt would cease until the field care of the trophy was completed.

Hunters particularly wanting to be successful on a large trophy buffalo bull are recommended to book a trophy hunt

+61438860510

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I did my trophy bull hunt in Oz years ago ... the outfitter just left the meat to rot ... That was very bothering to us.

What a waste and a shame. That still bothers me. Your hunt sounds like a fabulous time ... Good luck !

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big is not always best - some of the beasts in the photos would, provided it was a good hunt / stalk, easily make a trophy for me. It is all in the hunt - not the inches.
Can you take one or two as European mount = skull only without paying trophy fee. It would not slow down the cull significantly when not caping.

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me frame my question differently.

I'm interested in the cull hunt, for the experience.

What would be required if I wanted to take a skull home?

Would I have to book a separate add on hunt, to make the skull a trophy, and therefore exportable?

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scruffy - Yes, wasted meat is often a concern to international hunters. on some cull hunts this happens, fortunately on these hunts the meat is harvested and put to good use.

Huntfish and wsquared - some of the animals in the photos are very good representative animals. There are some conditions, but yes, it is possible to salvage the horns off some animals for a small fee and as a momento of the hunt.

+61438860510

One of Us
Picture of JustOneMoreShot
posted Hide Post
PM inbound. Very interested (again... I was wanting to book this hunt a few years ago and the stars are aligning)
Thank you.

Posts: 54 | Location: GA USA | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the many Recent PMs and emails that have been received. I have replied to all

Please note that the advertised opening on the 9 day hunt was sold sometime ago

I have been taking bookings for the 2018 cull hunts. These standard packages are typically 7 day hunts @ $7700 per person

+61438860510

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
sounds like there are some people fixing to change their view of a dream african hunt irrevocably

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Double Don and I did this hunt last year. You are never long with out seeing and stalking buffalo. If a stalk blows up, no problem, go find some more. I think we were able to get doubles on buffalo three times. It is run and gun, fast packed action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:
sounds like there are some people fixing to change their view of a dream african hunt irrevocably

That is a very real risk. Smiler

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
I'd like info on available dates for 2018. Sent you a pm, but received no response, so not sure you received it.
Thanks

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmassey338:
I'd like info on available dates for 2018. Sent you a pm, but received no response, so not sure you received it.
Thanks

It's a crazy-busy few months for buffalo safari outfitters, and he may very well be a hundred miles or more from the nearest bit of Internet. I reckon send an email as well as a PM (his address is a few posts above), and I reckon he'll reply as soon as he can.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BenKK:
quote:
Originally posted by mmassey338:
Thanks

It's a crazy-busy few months for buffalo safari outfitters, and he may very well be a hundred miles or more from the nearest bit of Internet. I reckon send an email as well as a PM (his address is a few posts above), and I reckon he'll reply as soon as he can.

Thanks Ben, he responded. It looks like it could be a great time!

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tag Smiler

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Tagging for future reference.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tagging for same.

PB

Posts: 26 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 07 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
August 2018 can't come soon enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to do this hunt!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
Biebs if I had your money I just might burn mine

Berry Seabrook real hunter real fun

getting guns in to au not so much

best you do this

much more than just fun it's a best in class hunt

When Seabrook runs it it will work out for you

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to do this hunt!

Me two. I look at this thread every time someone posts in it. I almost went the first time it was offered.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Just got back 10 days ago. As stated, my third consecutive year. Penciled in again for 2018. Guns in and out absolutely no problem. It will be hot and mosquitos can be very bad. Don't expect some fancy lodging and dining. You won't get it. Kirby and I finished at 2 PM on the sixth day of a seven day hunt. Ran out of ammo. I took a .450/.400 and 75 cartridges. Kirby took a .470 and the same round count. Hope this helps.

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don,

Would love to see pics and hear the stories!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skip Nantz:
Don,

Would love to see pics and hear the stories!

PM sent.

Deo Vindice,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, I would be somewhat careful which pictures you post, you HSSOB, have you shown your neighbors your pictures yet??Sure had a good time though....... kld

Posts: 179 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kld:
Don, I would be somewhat careful which pictures you post, you HSSOB, have you shown your neighbors your pictures yet??Sure had a good time though....... kld

What happens in OZ stays in OZ Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsmokeAdventures:
Hi Frank,
when are yes, you thinking of coming back with the family. We can always make a plan to accommodate a larger group

Planning on repeating next year? How good is to get there in the winter? I really try to avoid the heat of the summer Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last time I spoke with Barry, he had a spot for a second hunter on the dates I booked in August. This should be a very exciting hunt.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
just waiting on the coin

then the kids to first build up then sink up the vacation time

you can bet one and one half acres of your grass I am headed back to darwin

don't sweat the heat focus on the down poor

it can rain at certain time of year