Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Deer Hunts.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
I have joined forces with Cottonwood Springs Hunting Services in Young/Archer/Baylor and Throckmorton counties in north Texas and am offering the following hunts.

Three day whitetail (bucks up to 135 class)/feral hog/predator hunts, 2x1 Guided, $1200.00 (AR Members $1,100.00).

1x1 Guided, $1400.00/ A.R. Members $1200.00.

Trophy fee for bucks from 140 to 155 = $800.00

Trophy fee for bucks above 160 = $1600.00

We also have hunts available for Feral Hog, 3 Day/3 Night at #350.00 per person, for 2 hogs. A.R. Member price.

Also we have Late Season Doe/Feral Hog available, 3 Day/3 Night, 2 Does or 1 doe and one feral hog, $600.00 per person, $500.00 per person for AR Members.

Hunts are conducted on low fence properties.

The properties being hunted have been under management programs for the past 10 years.

Anyone intersted can contact either of the following numbers.

940-564-6722 0r 682-365-3217

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
e-mail & p.m. sent

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats not a bad deal at all.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bluefin, let's see if I can answer your questions.

quote:
What are the odds of seeing a 155+ buck?

Zero if you are not out there hunting.

Not being a wise ass here, but it is 18,000 low fenced acres that 145 to 166 class bucks are killed on annually.

It is not a guaranteed hunt, depending on weather and deer movement it is possible.

quote:
What was taken last year?

There were a couple of 148 to 155 class bucks taken with some additional bucks of the same size seen on Game Cam pics.

Again, nothing is guaranteed, the potential for bucks in the 155 class and bigger is there, and there are animals of that size taken every year.

quote:
Do you hunt a 'reserved' area that the bigger bucks have been seen and maybe that's why the add'l trophy fee?

Show me any place in Texas or anywhere else for that matter that does not charge additional fees for bucks in the upper B&C classes.

No, these hunts are conducted on regular pastures, no "Reserved Areas".

Anyone that has access to these properties has the same chance at seeing and shooting one of these bucks, I don't see a problem with that.

Not meaning to sound belligerent here, but, the hunts are as advertised, can you explain what is wrong with charging extra if a certain sized buck is taken?

How many places can you show me that would allow you or anyone else to shoot a 140 class buck or above and not charge extra.

It is pretty simple, the hunts we offer allow people the chance at free range/low fence white tail bucks, that are on the average, because of the 12 years of management, better than what they would be able to access on most places, at a reasonable cost.

How many other places can you show me that allow 130 to 135 class bucks to be taken if seen, along with hogs and predators, at the prices I have listed?

I am not meaning to offend you or anyone else Bluefin, but, I am just listing these hunts as they are, and offering them to AR members at what I feel is a reasonable price, especially considering what others are charging for similar hunts.

We can also put together combo hunts for deer/feral hog/waterfowl/dove and predators during January, at a per day basis of $300.00 per hunter/$200.00 for AR members, with a limit of one doe/one feral hog/legal limit of ducks or doves and coyote hunting.

If I have offended anyone I apologise, I am just offering hunts that in looking around the market, I feel are reasonably priced, and do have the potential for a hunter to kill some quality animals.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse - We don't charge trophy fees for our Colorado whitetails, regardless of their size! I guided 4 rifle hunts in 8 days, my clients shot 4 bucks scoring 168", 170", 172" and 179". They paid the same price as if they shot a 140" buck.

I agree with you though on one thing, big bucks are where you find them. Not in a "special" place held by the outfitter for special clients.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crazy

Yeah! Other than one high fenced operation in TX nothing we sell in NA has a trophy fee dependent on B&C score. It is not the norm here in the States.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks, I guess I am seeing things different than what you guys are.

All the high fence places charge trophy fees, and many of the low fence places I have looked at also charge extra depending on the B&C score.

If a person doesn't, that is their business.

I have hunted Colorado many times, and yes, I have never been charged any additional trophy fees on bucks, but that is standard operating procedures up there.

Mark, what do you charge for 150 class and larger bucks on your hunts here in Texas?

What are my odds of shooting a 150 class or larger buck on your hunts for $2000.00 or less along with a feral hog and predators?

I am not trying to start a pissing match here and really do not care what the "NorM" is here in the "States" as these hunts are done in Texas.

Now if any of you can show me where a person can hunt in TEXAS and stand the chance of killing a 150 or even a larger class, free range whie tail buck for the prices listed, please do so.

If the prices are out of line or the way they are determined is different than you are used to, I am sorry, but that is what we are offering.

If you don't agree with it fine, if you can do better fine, but, PLEASE, don't set there behind a computer screen and tell me that I am wrong, when you have no intention of booking with us, it is a waste of everyone's time.

These are good quality hunts for quality game, no one is twisting anyone's arm to book with us, these are hunts we are offering to AR members at special rates, and I do not recall seeing anywhere that such practices as charging an additional fee for certain B&C class scores was against anyone's rules.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
While charging more for bucks above 160 B&C may not be the norm, $1200 for an AR member to go on a private property 1x1 hunt and only $2800 total if a 160 B&C buck is taken seems like bargain. I wish I had more time off.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry folks, I really do not mean to be such a horses ass about this, but can anyone tell me, does a 60 pound elephant cost the same as a 100 pounder?

Somehow I doubt it.

Look at the websites such as the King Ranch or Celebrity Ranch, or all or most of the high fence properties in TEXAS, and even high fenced operations in other states.

Things are done differently here, whether anyone likes it or agrees with it, It Be's That Way.

The additional trophy fees are only charged after the critter is on the ground and measured.

Talking about trophy fee structures in other states/countries, what about SCI Gold/Silver/Bronze medal animals, do all those go at the same price?

As I have said, we are offering a good hunt at a reasonable price, it is up to the hunter to make the decision as to what animal they want to shoot.

If they are happy with our base line animal, that is great.

If they decide they want to shoot something a little bigger, It Is Their Decision, not mine nor any of our staff, And Definitely Not That Of Anyone In The Peanut Gallery.

If my listing offends you, I do apologise, because that was not my intention, I was merely listing a hunting opportunity for AR members at what I thought was a reasonable price, potential trophy fees included.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seemed to understand the original offer...seems clear to me.

Frankly seeing other agents/outfitters post on someone elses offer is BS.Unless something is clearly illegal or false,mind your own.

I know who NOT to talk to this upcoming show season.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the cash to go on this. The prices are very reasonable for Texas hunts and the area certainly has bucks in that scoring range.

If you have a problem with the prices, hey . . . don't go!! But don't gripe about it. The ranch can charge what they want and no one is forcing anyone to spend the money (unlike the upcoming taxes from our federal government!).

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the cash to go on this too...You've put together a FANTASTIC offer in IMO...Way to go thumb

In fact I commend you for offering a great affordable hunt!

I'm sure you'll book several AR Members and good on you... beer

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Settle down girls! I think Mark and I were simply answering his question as to whether or not there are other places in the U.S. where hunts are conducted without trophy fees associated to the size of the deer, nothing more! I think we are all aware that most hunts in TX are done that way and I sell them too. Man, I hope you sell a ton of them. It's a great price for a good hunt, good luck!

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, I don't see any girls here, but, all I am doing is offering a hunt, at what I feel is a reasonable price.

This is a one time offer, and the reason it is priced the way it is, is because this is the first season these hunts are being offered.

I have been doing the javelina hunts in west Texas since 1998, and have had a few AR members hunt with me.

As I have stated, these hunts are being done on land that has been being managed for quality deer since 2000.

This is the first season hunts are being offered to folks other than people living in Texas wanting Season Long leases.

While you and Mark may not have been intent on offending anyone, you knew upon reading my post that the hunts were being done in Texas and things are done differently here than other places.

To put things in perspective, go to my website and check out the link to CSHS and see the prices listed there for this type hunt.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
I am sorry folks, I really do not mean to be such a horses ass about this, but can anyone tell me, does a 60 pound elephant cost the same as a 100 pounder?

Somehow I doubt it..

In many, and I would dare say most, places in Africa yes the cost is the same. That said, if one is in an area likely to produce a 100 pound elephant on a hunt, I would guess the area cost the outfitter more and that cost will be passed on in the form of higher daily rates and t-fees generally.

Still....this deer deal is a SWEET one !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading the entire thread I have decided that I will go ahead and book the 160 class 100 pound low fence elephant in Throckmorton County for $2,800.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
After reading the entire thread I have decided that I will go ahead and book the 160 class 100 pound low fence elephant in Throckmorton County for $2,800.

Sorry, but you missed out on that particular hunt.

Someone that was road hunting mistook the jumbo for a damn big feral hog and perferated him with an AK47 and a full 30 round clip of steel jacketed Chinese surplus specials.

Ever seen what 4 tons of grey swiss cheese looks like, let alone smells like?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Show me any place in Texas or anywhere else for that matter that does not charge additional fees for bucks in the upper B&C classes.

Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Somehow I doubt it..

Crazy

I have no intention of offending you and the hunts sound like a bargain. The point is that some of what you said is just not true as witnessed by your statements above. AR is a place where many come for info on hunting so we have to be careful what info we put out as it may get taken as the Gospel. I have on several occasions been corrected and rightly so when I pounded on the key board before throughly engaging my brain.

If you place ads here on AR you will get asked tough questions which often seem like an interrogation but that is the nature of internet sales.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am sure you are right with most of what you are saying, it is just I have been hunting long enough, and not just in Texas or for white tails, to know that many operations charge more for hunts where the trophy potential is greater in one area, than for hunts in areas where trophy potential is low.

I did not take what bluefin said as an interrogation, as much as insinuations that something was not as represented.

If my comments about a 60 pound tusker not costing as much as a 100 pounder, than why have I seen outfitters offer hunts for elephants where prices were determined by the potential size of the animals available and the larger animals cost more than the smaller ones.

Now if you are saying I am lying about something, I really don't believe that is called for as I do not believe you know 100% of what all operations charge for their hunts and how they spread the charges out.

I have no problem answering tough questions, and just like you and everyone else on here, my knowledge of things, such as this topic are based on my own personal experiences in the matter.

Or am I not telling the truth about that either?

This is not my first rodeo as the saying goes, admittedly selling javelina hunts or trying to sell deer and hog hunts on the internet or this site does not even come close to being on the same level as your operation, but I am not a rookie by any means, and the statements I have made, are to the best of my knowledge the truth as to my experiences checking in to hunts other operators offer for the species I am offering hunts for.

As another AR member puts it in his posts, Things I Have Learned On This, And A Few Other Sites:

1. No matter how much experience you have or how truthful you are in sharing it, someone will always call you a liar.

2. No one ever makes a bad shot, they are all 1 shot DRT kills at ungodly ranges on the last day of the hunt.

3. More people will question a bargain priced hunt, without actually checking into it, then will turn down a bogus $40.00 airfare to India.

Mark, you nor anyone else has shown where a person can do the type hunt I am offering for a white tail buck in the B&C score classes available at the prices listed.

I ain't saying it isn't possible, I am just saying I ain't seen it.

Mark, I don't know you from Adam, I ain't in your class, never will be.

All I have to go on is the experiences I have had putting together guided/outfitted hunts for muself, and running a little old piss ant guide service in west Texas.

None of that really means anything, but I am not a liar, and having looked at booking hunts in Africa and Alaska, hunts in trophy areas for the major animals go up in price for the "Incidentals" if nothing else as the size and probability of the trophy increase.

I do not think I am wrong about that, at least not from the info I have received over the years when inquiring about such hunts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
CHC

Good luck with your hunts.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for continued good success with yours. beer

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
When will this hunt happen and where could I stay.

Still no answer to this set of questions.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to have not responded sooner, but since I have been out on the properties and not near a computer, I did not know you had made a response or asked a question.

These hunts can be booked at any time between now and January 3rd. when general deer season in Texas closes.

If you would care to contact me at 682-365-3217, I can answer any questions you might have regarding the hunts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a clarifacation here, Bluefin sent me a pm concerning my response to his post.

I apologise to him or anyone else on this site I offended, please remember however, some questions can be just as offensive as the responses to them.

In Bluefin's case, I felt that he was making insinuations about the hunts being offered with no actual knowledge of the hunts our the operation.

I am sorry that defendings ones operation aginst possible non-factual allegations offended anyone.

Many Thanks to all of those that have responded to this thread, and again I do apologise to Bluefin or anyone else I offended.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Check your PM's for me Craz

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What can you help me with the first week in Feb somewhere around the Fort worth area. Thanks Mike

Posts: 90 | Location: Okemos Mi. | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote