Find
Notify
Tools

Southern Quail Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Package includes two days of quail hunting and three nights lodging in North Eastern North Carolina. Hunter has the choice to hunt our 500 acre registered preserve or wild coveys in our CRP areas and pine plantations. We take pride in our pointers and setters and ensure you that you will have a great experience. Two of our pointers are direct descendants of War Paint and have won several titles. Hunting on horseback or mule and wagon is available.

(Look how these Gentlemen honor one another in the above photo)

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe...utu.be&v=2rzum30vAaM

Total cost of this package is $700 per person for two hunters or $600 per person for three hunters. Package includes two days of hunting, three nights lodging, meals, non-alcohol drinks and preparation of all game meat.

Package is offered by Roanoke River Waterfowl and Outfitter is Clark Purvis.

Capt. Clark Purvis
252-826-4288
PO Box 336
Hobgood, NC 27843

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing a NC license isn't required for your preserve. What about on the CRP land?

License requirements?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those sure are some hardworking, classy dogs!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Our wild bird season goes out February 28th. You will not be able to hunt wild birds after this date. My preserve license goes through the end of March. Package is available from Jan 26th through March 31st. In farming terms CRP means Conservation Reserve Programs. This is a program we implemented to allow warm season grasses to grow instead of conventional agriculture. This practice allows for better habitat for many species but it is essential for quail in this area due to the amount of avian and other predators.

Attached is another video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe...utu.be&v=67ffRVj4yII

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
Would I be able to bring my dog and hunt him?

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
What airport would you fly to?
How far from the airport to camp?

Thanks

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
We are 85 miles from RDU and 98 miles from Norfolk International.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
What license, if any, is required?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
$20.00 preserve license.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your price is really good. Too bad I would have to spend almost twice that to get there.

BH63

one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the daily limit for quail hunting on the preserve?

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Expect to have the dogs point anywhere from fifteen to twenty coveys a day. We have nice track of land registered under a preserve license. This is not your normal 75 or 100 acre preserve. We are one of the largest in the State. Number of birds that you kill depends on how well you can shoot.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
^
Love that answer. LOL

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This looks fun and well set up.

One other set of questions please sir.

1.) Is the hunt for 2 or 3 persons - or are there other parties hunting too?

2.) Do you think the environs of the lodge are wife friendly too? She is a transplanted farm girl and would hunt too , but Africa may have spoiled her some. Wink

Thank you for your efforts.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
You will have the preserve to yourself. The lodges with this package are basic. I can arrange for you to stay in an Antebellum Plantation house with chef and other servants but the price increases. Wives have stayed in this lodge with no complaints but it is not a 5 star resort like Cabin Bluff or Brays Island. There is a Hampton Inn 15 minutes from the preserve. If we hunt wild birds near Lake Matamaskeet there are no other choices unless you want to drive over to Nags Head. Our lodges there are much nicer than any hotel you will find in Hyde County.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have any openings for one hunter?
Thanks.

Doug

Posts: 28 | Location: SC | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clarke, Larry here. Sent you a text. I am running a field trial in Erwin first couple days of February and would like to hunt right after if you had someone to join. I may have a person and will let you know. Doug, I also live in SC.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know Bustinclays or Doug? tried to reach him with no luck to see if he wanted to join in. not that many days left to hunt wild birds. I have sent him a pm but thought someone may know him. We live in the same state.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clark and Larry,
I sent you both a message. Hopefully we can work out a date.
Sounds like a fun hunt.
Thanks for the replies.
Talk soon.

Doug

Posts: 28 | Location: SC | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
This hunt is being offered again starting in January. We have been making improvements all summer and have several nice plots of iron clay peas, oats, barnyard grass and soybeans. We have also thinned and mulched a good amount of timber and extended our preserve another 500 acres for a total of 1,000 acres that is licensed under preserve.

Captain Clark Purvis