New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masailand Species
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Masailand offers species that are not found elsewhere in Africa!

Working with a small operator we are able to offer very reasonably priced Masailand hunts. I have personally hunted this area and can provide firsthand information on the hunting there. All pictures are from the 2019 season.

A) 10 hunting days - One buffalo and all plains game species available on Regular Safari Package (10-day permit included) - $14,800
B) 14 hunting days - Two buffalo and all plains game species available on Major Safari Package (14-day permit included) - $21,800
C) 14 hunting days - Two buffalo and all plains game species available on Premium Safari Package (21-day permit included) - $25,500
D) 21 hunting days - Four buffalo, leopard and all plains game species available on Premium Safari Package (21-day permit included) - $54,500

*2nd buffalo upgrade on 10-day permit $5,200 includes trophy fees

*3rd buffalo upgrade on 14-day permit $5,800 includes trophy fees

* Lion upgrade on 21 day permit $12,000 + trophy fees

* Elephant upgrade on 21 day permit $10,000 + trophy fees

Day of arrival and departure is not counted

DAILY RATES INCLUDE
• All government permits and concession fees
• Meet at airport and help with clearing rifles
• Transfer to hotel in Arusha – 1 hour from Kilimanjaro
• Accommodation in East African style tents with attached bathrooms and running hot and cold water
• PH and hunting team
• 4 WD hunting vehicle
• Full use of camp staff
• Daily laundry and house keeping
• Soft drinks, botted water, beer and wine
• All meals

DAILY RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:

• Trophy fees
• Observer (non-hunter) daily rate $280/day
• Gun import permit $250/firearm + $2 per cartridge
• Road transfer from Arusha to Makame, WMA and return $1,000
• Bait animals approximately $30/goat, $400 cattle, Additional bait car $300/day
• Alcoholic beverages at cost – please request in advance or carry your own
• Intercompany permit if hunting Thomsons gazelle $650
• Dip and pack (Skinning, salting, drying of trophies and transfer to shipper)
10-day hunt $500
14-day hunt $750
21-day hunt $2,500
Extra buffalo add $100 to above rates
• Export paperwork $500, if CITES permits required add $500

TROPHY FEES 2020 US$
Baboon Yellow
Buffalo
Bushpig
Bushbuck
Dik dik Kurks
Bush Duiker
Eland – Pattersons
Gerenuk
Grants Gazelle
Hyena spotted
Hyena Striped
Hartebeest – Coke’s (Kongoni)
Honey Badger
Impala – East African
Jackal
Kudu – Greater
Kudu – Lesser
Klipspringer
Leopard
Lion
Oryx – Fringe eared
Ostrich
Porcupine
Thompsons Gazelle
Warthog
Wildebeest – eastern white bearded
Zebra

ELEPHANT TROPHY FEES
One tusk weighing between 20 & 25 kgs or measuring not less than 160 cms $12,500
One tusk weighing between 25.1 & 30 kgs or measuring not less than 160 cms $15,000
One tusk weighing between 30kgs + or measuring not less than 160 cms $25,000

Note the Masai cattle in the background. Masai dont eat wild game so the game is pretty tame around their herds of cattle

Kurks Dik dik

White bearded wildebeest

Secretary bird

Wildbeest meets 35 Whelen

With some looking around, there are some great Grants gazelle on the plains

Ostrich meets 470 nitro

Dining area - the camp is tented with attached bathrooms with running hot and cold water

EA Impala

Gerenuk

A really good Grants Gazelle - long and wide

East African Greater Kudu - the Grey ghost of Africa! Not plentiful which is why they are called Grey ghosts I guess!

Kirks dik dik are everywhere, the key is to find one that stops long enough for a shot

Lots of lesser kudu - walking slowly in the bush seems to have the best results

The buffalo hunting has not been fully explored, but July to mid September is the best time to go

Cokes Hartebeest

Pattersons Eland

A unique trophy

Gerenuk

An old lesser kudu with great mass

We still have some spots available in July and August which is prime time.

Tanzania is one of the few countries that was open for business last year too and remains open. This week I spoke to a doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Dar and he told me candidly that there were very few cases in TZ! You will need a negative Covid test prior to departing the USA and also one in TZ before departure which we will arrange.

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2527 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arjun, you might want to read Saeed's warning at the top of the forum regarding tips and gratuities. He said if mentioned, the hunt offering will be deleted. Just a heads up for you. By the way, your other offerings list tips and gratuities as well.

Also, I'm not a fan of the sliding rate for ivory. On my one and only elephant hunt in Zimbabwe, my PH tried to get the largest bull for me. Fortunately, i was very successful and connected with 32kg x 33kg bull. This would have doubled my trophy fee in your area. In my opinion, it makes for a different kind of hunt and experience.

Respectfully, RCG

Posts: 1128 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCG,

Amended offer to remove tips. Of course it is discretionary and I don't like mentioning it too but many clients ask so was just stating it.

I also agree that trophy fees should not be on a sliding scale. Like penalizing a client for shooting a good trophy! But thats TZ govt. rules.

Thanks,

Arjun

Posts: 2527 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Kabubi in July of '19 and had a great hunt for the specialized Masailand species. Hasheem and his crew were very accommodating and service was top rate. Food was what you would find in a Zimbabwe camp, not 5 star like some TZ camps but good and plenty. The camp I was in was very nice and obviously the game was there. I will hopefully head back at some point when I get caught up with the hunts I've booked and had to push forward because of the pandemic. I would like to hunt with Hasheem again for buffalo. Probably a bit later in the season after the short rains when the buff leave the park. Great hunt at a fair price!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7503 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by RCG:

Also, I'm not a fan of the sliding rate for ivory.

I recall that during the Colonial period (British) when hunting Elephants for the sale of their ivory was quite legal, the Game Dept. applied a royalty or levy on every pound of ivory for tusks that exceeded set limits: (31-50lbs, 51-70lbs & 71+lbs)

The fee, if memory serves me right was something to the tune of 4shs/6shs/12shs/pound and any tusk weighing less than the minimal accepted limit of 11bs per side was confiscated and the hunter ran the risk of being fined.

The current "sliding scale" however seems unconvincing as many outfitters seem to have differing prices. coffee

Posts: 1857 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outfitters all over Africa have different trophy fees on imapala let alone elephants!! In Europe it is standard practice and also set by the government in state owned hunting areas. And in areas where they do not offer a sliding scale, the client thinks he won the jackpot only to realize after his hunt that his trophies are average if not on the lower end!

Anyway these prices are amongst the lowest you are going to find to hunt Masailand so enjoy it if you can.

One of Us
Picture of adictosacazar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arjun Reddy

Arjun Reddy could you give me your email. thanks

Phone: +34652316769
Email: adictosacazar@gmail.com
Web: www.adictosacazar.com
Instagram: @adictosacazar
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adictosacazar

Posts: 494 | Location: spain | Registered: 01 September 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the link for my hunt report on Kabubi Safaris from October 2018.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...131030052#8131030052

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can gerenuk and lesser kudu be taken on a 10 day license ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to buy a 21 day license and hunt only 10 days if the outfitter will allow it. Big if.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will have to buy a 21 lic. for these species, I can check with the outfitter if he will allow it. He only gets a few of these species on quota and am sure would prefer to keep them for his 21 day clients.

Thanks,
Arjun