New
Find
Notify
Tools

OPPORTUNITY FOR A BIG BROWN BEAR ON KODIAK '17
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've just established a relationship with Gary Acord on Kodiak Island. Greg has about 30 years experience on Kodiak hunting brown bears. His area abuts Scott Mileur's area which is the old and famous Pennell and Talifson area. Between these two they may arguably have the best brown bear hunting on Kodiak. Do some research on the the Karluk and Red lake area on Kodiak. This is the area they hunt and the bear hunting is very good.

Greg has a small operation and does all the hunts himself. He is allowed 5 bears per year in his area but only hunts 3 to keep the trophy quality excellent. A guy that can walk and shoot will get a good bear and perhaps a giant. You should see bears every day and 65% of his bears are spotted right from camp with a stalk initiated from there. Camp itself is quite comfortable with tents you can stand up in, heat, cots for sleeping and real food for each meal.

Sitka deer are very abundant and can be taken on a trophy fee basis. Reindeer are also in his area and can also be taken on trophy fee basis.

There is one hunt still open for '17 with dates 23 Oct-6 Nov with the 23rd and 6th as arrival departure day giving you 13 hunting days. If you stay for the duration of the hunt you are nearly assured of a shooting opportunity on a big bear, a couple of good bucks and maybe a big reindeer.

Greg computer crashed and he lost a lot of pix and contacts etc but there are quite a few pix on his new website http://www.kodiakbearhunting.guide/ if you'd like to take a look.

Pricing:

1x1 13 days $22,000
Sitka deer $2,500 each
Reindeer $3,000
Charter Kodiak city to camp $2,000 approx.

Lic/tags

License $160
Brown bear $1,300
Deer $400
Reindeer/caribou $850

Contact me anytime if you need a big bear this year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted Karluk area before, great area for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gregs a great guy, been around the island a long time and has apprenticed under one of the best.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that a Kodiak bear tag must be drawn first through the state for non-residents. Is this not true? Are guides allocated brown bear tags. Serious question because this is a hunt I hope to pull off in the next year or two (Ak. Brown bear not necessarily Kodiak, but that would be ideal).

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the guide has an exclusive area it's a garuntees tag. You still gonthru the draw process I believe but there is no other folks in the draw but that guides clients.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, Sent you a PM. Thanks

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote