Find
Notify
Tools

East Cape Cull hunt....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Everyone,

I've put together a cull package which is going at a really good rate.

7days/8 nights
25 Cull animals
-10 springbuck
-10 warthog
-5 impala/blesbuck

All inclusive from pick up till drop off at Port Elizabeth Airport.

Price 2 on 1= $2950
1 on 1= $3600

Dates available are from 8th April till the 30th April.
July
17th Sept till 30th November

Extra days can be added to this 7 day package at a rate of $250 per hunter per day. Observers are welcome at a rate of $125.

Trophy animals can be taken at our normal trophy price list as per our website www.settlerssafaris.com

Additional cull animals can also be taken at $90 per springbuck/warthog/impala/blesbuck.

Baboons and Black back jackal will be free of charge if taken oppertunisticly.

We require a 30% deposit to secure your booking.

Regards

Murray Crous (OUTFITTER/PH)
P.o.box 362
Grahamstown
South Africa

Mobile: 0027 834468256
Email: info@settlerssafaris.com
or
bushmansgorge@hotamil.com
Web: www.settlerssafaris.com

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Murray, I have sent you a PM. Thanks

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark,

PM replied. By the way everyone of coarse you can get as many of the hides tanned, skulls mounted or even shoulder mounts done of the cull animals as you wish. The animal does'nt always have to be a trophy to be important!

Murray

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking package Murray.
One mans "culls" amy be another mans "trophies" as you point out.
I've seen what Murray has to offer and this looks like a fun hunt, unfortunately I need to replentish the mad money supply this year.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My apologies for trivializing (if I did) this hunt. Cull too often has a negative connotation these days, and this is obviously better described as a thinning of the herd type of hunt.

If my 2010 were not already full it would be a great trip.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Murray, Sent you a couple of emails with questions. Touch base when you get a chance. I might try to work this out for this year. Thanks

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

Looking forward to hosting you and your wife, hopefully the dates work out, taking the package with handguns, thats gonna be a ton of fun.

Regards

Murray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent!

as far as the free nuisance animals (baboons and jackals) whats the shot distance on average, and what is the suggested calibers?

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GDOG and MileHighShooter, PM's sent.

MHS, on the baboons and jackals average shooting distance on the baboons is about 300 yards so i prefer the 300 win mag or similar for these critters, baboons are extremely tough. I've shots hundreds of baboons at the 300 yard mark with my faithful .308 mind you. As for the jackals, average shooting distance is about 200 yards, for these critters I prefer .223/.243 calibres. My best advice would be to bring a rifle/s that you are comfortable with and have hopefully been hunting with for a while. If you dont want to bring a firearm, thats also fine as i have several here to choose from, but shooting with your own rifle is half the fun right!

Regards

Murray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anders,

Replied to your personal email address,

Thanks

Murray