Find
Notify
Tools

JAVAN RUSA and FISHING on MAURITIUS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Folks,

Mauritius is an island in the Indian Ocean 1,200 miles off the African mainland. On the map it is directly due East of Madagascar. To tell the truth I'd never heard of Mauritius until 3-4 years ago when one of my African operators spent a holiday there and raved about the total experience including the hunting and the fishing. After speaking to several other folks who had been there I made some inquiries for myself.

Ivan Charoux/Vacances Adventures Limited (SEE THE LATEST ISSUE OF SAFARI TIMES FOR A NICE WRITE UP AND HUNT REPORT ON IVAN) seemed to rise to the top. He's been very responsive to all my endless questions and Sadie and I are booked for Oct/Nov this year with him.

Ivan has access to the largest hunting areas on the Island. On the West side/dry side he has 14,000 acres and 10,000 acres on East side that offers more of jungle type experience. There are 40,000 deer on the island and finding a good trophy will not be a problem.

The fishing is excellent for inshore and off shore species although some species may be seasonal. Ivan has two boats including a 47' offshore boat.

This is a great trip for a couple or a family as the hunting is not an intense affair and the fishing can be shared by everybody. Of course just lounging on the beach right outside your chalet is always an option.

A combination of hunting, fishing and a luxury beach vacation can easily be arranged. Below are some SUGGESTED packages and as you'll see two people can have a 5 day 6 night holiday for about the price of a decent mule deer hunt.

PRICING 5 DAYS 6 NIGHTS FOR 2 PERSONS:

B&B ACCOMMODATIONS $6,910 (DOES NOT INCLUDE DINNER OR LUNCH ON TOUR DAY)

3 STAR BOUTIQUE BEACH HOTEL $8,728 (SADIE and I CHOSE THIS OPTION)

5 STAR BEACH HOTEL $10,710 (EACH ADULT GUEST WILL BE ALLOWED A $20 PER DAY RESORT CREDIT TO BE APPLIED TO FOOD, BEVERAGE AND SPAR EXTRAS)

INCLUDES:

6 NIGHTS ACCOMMODATIONS FOR 2 PERSONS
2 DAYS WALK and STALK HUNTING
1 GOLD MEDAL RUSA STAG (up to 34")
2 DAYS OBSERVER ON HUNT
2 FULL DAYS FISHING FOR THE BOAT
1 DAY ISLAND TOUR
RENTAL RIFLE and AMMO
RENTAL OF HUNTING GROUNDS
HUNTING PERMIT
FIELD PREP OF TROPHIES
AIRPORT AND HUNTING TRANSFERS.

Like I said these are only suggestions. There are many options for more deer and boar hunting as well as fishing or just relaxing. Sadie and I are booked for 8 full days for more fishing.

Call me on this one for a post lock down break.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote