New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Texas Management Hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have several guided management hunts available on our South Texas ranch. The hunts are for bucks scoring up to 140 gross B&C and one doe. The price is $2500 all inclusive. If the opportunity presents a hog and varmints are also included. Trophy and cull bucks may also be available to management hunters on an individual price basis. Quail hunts are available for an additional fee. All you have to do is show up with your gun and license.

We have a comfortable lodge for you to stay in with two beds per room. This price includes four hunting sessions. We can handle four hunters at a time. If you don't get a shot opportunity on a management buck you will get a $1500 refund. The ranch is high fenced and is in the managed lands program. We would like to do the hunts in October and November but later dates may work. Please PM or e-mail me if interested. lseydler@cvctx.com.

Here is a picture of a management buck my wife shot.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Some questions:

1. What is the size of the ranch? Is it just high fenced on the perimiter or is it divided into smaller parcels?

2. How many days are included in the hunt price? You say four hunting sessions are included - if one hunts in the morning and afternoon does this count as two sessions which equates to a two day hunt?

3. If a hunter is flying via commercial airlines, where is the closest airport and is pickup and dropoff included in the hunt cost?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2284 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your inquiry.

The ranch is perimeter fenced and is 2500 acres.
The hunts normally start at noon on day one and end at noon on day three or two full days of hunting. San Antonio is the closet airport and pickup and drop off is included.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I have never met M16 in person, but in conversing with him over the years on a couple of different forums, while mine and his opinions on a subject might clash, from the pictures I have seen him post from the place where the hunts will be conducted and some of the other places he manages, this is a quality hunt at a really good price.

I don't believe anyone will be disappointed if they go there, and from pictures I have seen of his reloading/handloading set up, the man has a wealth of knowledge on hunting deer in south Texas and ballistics. JMO.

Best of luck with your hunts M16. thumb beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I've met M16 in person and I've seen the trophy bucks lining the walls in his office. The guy grows and knows his deer. He's a great guy to boot.

I'll spend a whole lot more than this on a lease this year plus all the the incidental expenses involved - it's not likely I'll get a chance at a 140 class deer. This would be a great hunt for someone who doesn't want to work all year on a lease. An added plus is that you'll probably get to see some monster bucks during the hunt. I never get tired of watching big bucks.

I'm talking myself into dumping my lease and just taking my son to M16's ranch from now on.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I know Larry also and can vouch for him and the quality of the deer he takes every year. Heck, like Forrest, I should break down and do this one myself! Nice deer at a fair price.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
clap I too have met Larry and hunted with him under another outfitter a few years ago. He is a true gentleman and a fine person. Larry, what are the dates of you hunts and the cost of the out of state license? C-U, Art

Posts: 188 | Location: Northern, Tennesse | Registered: 19 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have enjoyed meeting and/or conversing with each of you.

Art, the Managed Lands season opens October 3 and ends the last day of February. October 11 and 12 are filled as well as November 19-22. All other dates are open. We would prefer to do all the management hunts in October and November. The non-resident license currently is $300. I haven't heard if there will be an increase this year.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Larry, I believe if I am reading right from a TP&W news release back in March, the new price for a General Non-Resident Hunting License goes from $300.00 to $315.00.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Larry, sounds like a deal, what was the score on the deer your wife took?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that one scored a little over 125 so it would be one on the lower end of what we expect to shoot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are some recent pics of management bucks I caught on my game cameras. The first picture is a mature deer with no brow tines. The second picture is an mature eight pointer. The third deer is a cull seven pointer which a management hunter can shoot for $750. I still have a few opening left if anyone is interested.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Wow - Those deer would all be considered trophies in Pennsylvania.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2284 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
That mature 8 or the guy lacking the brow tines...SWEET DEER! The former would make a really handsome mount IMO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a very fair priced management hunt. It looks good to me for what it is worth. We have great trophy deer here in Ohio or else I woild be on this in a second.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote