New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini Cadet by Lee Griffiths
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 172 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Those Martinis like 1911s having such flat surfaces just beg to be engraved.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is a beaut.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is classy, just gorgeous!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a little information on this Martini. This is a project that I have had in the works for over 20 years. The metal work was done by Bob Snapp. It has a half round/half octagon barrel with quarter rib and is chambered in .223 Remington. I worked on the stock and mostly completed it last winter. The engraver I had originally planned to engrave it retired before I could get it to him. I choose Lee to engrave it based on the recommendation of a friend who knows him. I am very happy with the results and he completed it very quickly. All that is left is checkering and rust bluing. I am hoping to have it complete in time to terrorize the ground squirrels next spring.

Posts: 172 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice ! Keep us updated with more pics.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Please do!!! I would love to see this completed piece.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree!+1 tu2

Posts: 18517 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow that is really nice.Congratulations.Something of interest to show off for years to come.

Posts: 143 | Registered: 21 July 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally completed this Martini. The photos are poor but hopefully you will be able to see how it turned out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 418 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This needs a good swift bump. The whole project is crisp and finely done. I just love that lever treatment. Never did care for the exposed originals.
Thanks for the post and pictures.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is truly a beautiful piece of work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Myers, your rifle is just exquisite. Thanks for posting the photos.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16300 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post