THE ACCURATE RELOADING ENGRAVING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Engraving    Touching up the "Winchester" on the side of a receiver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Touching up the "Winchester" on the side of a receiver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen
I have a custom rifle project going for my 15 yr old daughter who loves to hunt and shoot.
I'm using a rifle I acquired in an estate sale that has already been completely altered.
It had a G&H removable scope mount welded to the left side of the receiver that has been removed and holes welded over. One of the holes is over the "CH" in WINCHESTER.

Do any of yall know of anyone that can engrave the "CH" back on, just for appearances?

Thank you.
Perry

Posts: 2245 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dale Woody (www.gunfancy.com) does lettering restoration engraving and could probably do what you are looking for.

Posts: 172 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to replicate the exact font, hand engraving and stamping each have a distinctive look. But it sounds like you are not going for perfection. Any half decent engraver should be able to do it with hand gravers.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW. Last I heard Dale Woody was an etcher...not an engraver.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1629 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son is an engraver + artist (good IMO)Text him at 512 514-4043.He takes his time getting back but does do quality work.He does minute detail.I am biased as a father of course but he truly has an artists eye.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post