New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dubai opens for travelers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I received an email from Emirates saying that Dubai is open for travelers, some extra requirements, of course, and a couple of forms to complete. Now, just need some other countries to open.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I need for Zim to open and I'm there Wink

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
In an ominous indication my Zim outfitter reached out to me today to reserve dates for my hunt in 2021 as they are not seeing any movement on their side.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
In an ominous indication my Zim outfitter reached out to me today to reserve dates for my hunt in 2021 as they are not seeing any movement on their side.

I spoke to my guy last night and he is still thinking that the season will open this year

Maybe I’m being optimistic but at this point who knows...

Maybe he is just getting an idea for next year

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regarding Zim, two different outfitters have told me that they are hoping for Zim to open mid-October to November, but maybe not to US travelers. I hope it opens and doesn’t exclude those of us from the US.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Regarding Zim, two different outfitters have told me that they are hoping for Zim to open mid-October to November...

Ah, that explains it. No hunting from me in that time period. Basically mid August to mid September are my viable dates

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Well, I’m supposed to be hunting in Zimbabwe next May, a 10-day buffalo hunt with Alan Vincent, but things seem very uncertain, so we’ve been discussing a Plan B. My concern is that none of us know what the situation will be next spring, and waiting until the last moment to know if we are going for sure or not doesn’t seem that appealing to me; so it looks like we’ll probably just hunt in Tanzania Later in the year instead. But, Alan lost his LU5 concession in the Selous to the new park, so now it looks like we’ll Probably be hunting his new area, Mlele, in western Tanzania. He’s very enthused to see what his new area will produce. It’s supposed to have fantastic buffalo hunting, as well as big sable and great cat hunting.

This pandemic has presented many challenges, but it's also been a reminder that we can’t put our dreams and plans off too far into the future as tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. I’ve known Alan since he was 10, when I hunted with his father on my first safari, and I’ve wanted to hunt with him for a long time. There have always been reasons why I couldn’t or shouldn’t go, but I’m not getting any younger and this pandemic has been a wake up reminder to live life to the fullest while we can. So, it appears a 10-day buffalo hunt in Zim May be morphing into a 21-day hunt in Tanzania.

We are all dealing with this strange situation in our own way.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Well, I’m supposed to be hunting in Zimbabwe next May, a 10-day buffalo hunt with Alan Vincent, but things seem very uncertain, so we’ve been discussing a Plan B. My concern is that none of us know what the situation will be next spring, and waiting until the last moment to know if we are going for sure or not doesn’t seem that appealing to me; so it looks like we’ll probably just hunt in Tanzania Later in the year instead. But, Alan lost his LU5 concession in the Selous to the new park, so now it looks like we’ll Probably be hunting his new area, Mlele, in western Tanzania. He’s very enthused to see what his new area will produce. It’s supposed to have fantastic buffalo hunting, as well as big sable and great cat hunting.

This pandemic has presented many challenges, but it's also been a reminder that we can’t put our dreams and plans off too far into the future as tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. I’ve known Alan since he was 10, when I hunted with his father on my first safari, and I’ve wanted to hunt with him for a long time. There have always been reasons why I couldn’t or shouldn’t go, but I’m not getting any younger and this pandemic has been a wake up reminder to live life to the fullest while we can. So, it appears a 10-day buffalo hunt in Zim May be morphing into a 21-day hunt in Tanzania.

I've done three 21 hunts in Mlele and it's my favorite concession that I've been to. Beautiful area. Good buffalo. I pulled my best lion from there. Assuming that poaching has been under control, you should have a great time.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnDL:
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:

I've done three 21 hunts in Mlele and it's my favorite concession that I've been to. Beautiful area. Good buffalo. I pulled my best lion from there. Assuming that poaching has been under control, you should have a great time.

How long ago was that John?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last hunt was in 2011 with Natasha Illum-Berg. My previous hunts there were with Alick Roberts (now retired). Both were with Robin Hurt. I have pleasant memories of Mlele.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote