New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air France and Guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok, I'm a weenie. First time flying air france to J0-berg. (KLM on all others)Some weasel got me a bit edgy saying that air france required notification of guns well in advance. I searched their web site and see nothing stating that, just the basics of unloaded and so on.

Can someone tell me please if I need special permission to check my guns. i do have all the other paperwork, ie 4457, and the rest for the import into RSA.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nkonka,

I traveled Air France in January to Cameroon. You do need to notify them ahead but it is only a couple of days. Gracy Travel provided a form that I filled out and returned. No hassles at all otherwise. If you are not using an agent contact Air France direct and get the form.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. Appreciate the quick turnaround.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
906-632-1947

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I fly with rifles and shotguns frequently on Air France. I just call a few days before leaving to let them know that I am checking in with firearms. They make a note on your dossier and in fact provide you with a service because they, at least for me, ensure that a TSA (if in the USA) or whichever security supervisor person needs to verify the firearm, is notified in advance saving some waiting time.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with air france this morning. They wanted the calibers and weight and dimensions of the gun case. According to the very cordial lady i spoke with I am to call back tomorrow and see if the paris office gives the ok. The cordial lady said it will be no problem.

Again, my thanks to all.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
906-632-1947