THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Civil war in Ethiopia is going to hit African travel hard.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Civil war in Ethiopia is going to hit African travel hard.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Especially with SAA going to crap.

The call from Ethiopia’s capital was grim. Four hundred and fifty miles north in the region of Tigray, Hiwot Araya’s hometown was about to be besieged.

The government from Tigray is planning to burn the whole city today, Hiwot told the Los Angeles Times. Rumors from the war zone are impossible to independently confirm. But Hiwot, a 31-year-old mother of two who fled to neighboring Kenya after her husband was killed by the TPLF four years ago, said she fears a similar fate could befall her uncle, her aunt and millions of others who find themselves caught in the crossfire in an emerging civil war between Ethiopia’s military and a well-armed adversary.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eth...lians-103034093.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Well, there is always Emirates.

We need a replacement for SAA. An airline that allows firearms between African nations with flights originating from RSA.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Yep. And just my luck, I put a deposit down on a Mountain Nyala hunt for 2022! My last spiral horn to complete the list... maybe things will settle by then.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7503 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about going for Buffalo again and trying to figure out where to hunt and how to get there is the issue.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The escalating conflict in Tigray is certainly concerning, especially this year when many hunters are transiting through Ethiopia.

I'm scheduled to hunt giant forest hog in late January 2021 west of Addis with ERVS so I have my fingers crossed that things calm down. I'm told by both the outfitter and the folks at Travel with Guns that there have not been any issues transiting through Ethiopia thus far...

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

one of us
posted Hide Post
I flew through Addis Ababa on October 30th. NO issues. Was actually impressed by the overall service levels on Ethiopian Airlines. Although a very low bar for sure, they were better than Delta, United, or SAA.
Certainly not the same as top tier airlines, but definitely reasonable.
Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emirates to Lusaka, Harare, or Jo’burg.

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'm thinking about going for Buffalo again and trying to figure out where to hunt and how to get there is the issue.

Join me at CM safaris in Zim. I will be there August 1-21. Would love to have you at camp.

http://cmsafaris.com/zimrates.htm

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Many good operators would love to have you next year. Emirates is flying to all the major hunting countries and so far my hunters have had no issues with Ethiopian.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andy and Mark.

I'm going to have to put the next trip off until 2022. Wifezilla reminded me that we have two weeks in Spain already booked in April of 2021.

Frank