THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Italy Announced Travel Will Open June 3

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Italy Announced Travel Will Open June 3
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Good news!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Good news!

Domestic or International?

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They did specify

I assumed both.

But, that still leaves where to go, as the rest of the world is still closed!

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every country that reopens travel makes it less risky politically for the leaders of other countries to follow.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Damn, our cancelled cruise from Venice was supposed to leave June 12. Oh well, we rebooked a longer cruise from Barcelona to Venice next May....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seeing as it's Italy and the severity of the outbreak there, I'd pass.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I lived in Bruccoli near Syracusa for 2 and half years between 2005 and 2008.

Italians are warm wonderful people, who have zero idea of how to deal with public health.

I was in a mall in Syracusa one Saturday afternoon in a sort of food court eating whatever the food of the day was.

A woman grabbed her head and fainted. A crowd gathered but she was very close to me. They started doing the most crazy things to this woman I have ever seen. They shaked her, and slapped her and tried drowning her with a pail of water.

I walked up and said "can I help?". No one spoke English as is normal in Italy and I had not been there very long so I started speaking Spanish and English and found an Australian-Italian woman who translated for me.

Eventually I got the parade of fools stopped, and started doing CPR on her, the EMT's came and tried to take her blood pressure and eventually after I yelled and the Aussie gal translated they scouped her and took her wherever they took her. No idea if she died or what.

I personally think she had a stroke. I tried to clear her airway and had no problem doing it.

The Australian-Italian lady asked me if I was a doctor and I told her no. Someone else asked her if I was a doctor and she said yes.

I knew that day I never wanted to be sick, dying, or even stub my toe in Italy.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Yep I agree BWW
I was married to one for 20 years
And I wouldn’t marry anyone else as Italians are the best if a touch nuts
Anyway, she was Sicilian and best cook ever...miss her everyday

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There was a very pretty civil servant that was a few years older than me ( maybe like 7) anyway she was good looking and the base we were on in Italy only had junior troops so I being an older gentlemen of 30 got to date her for a spell.

She actually lived near me, and we went to Syracusa for dinner. While there the owner of the resteraunt was an older big mafia type, and spoke English. So he rallied us with his stories of his time in Key West and how he was a pirate. He slipped me 200 Euros after I paid for the meal and we I handed it back to him. He told me I was a very smart man not to take any money from him.

Sicily was crazy.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news ????

Would anyone want to go to Italy these days when still hundreds of people are dying like flies in the country ??

Italy is a lovely country and place to visit, but not now and not for some time...

Sorry, I honestly do not see the good news in this. It is just the Italian government and the economy that wants to have some financial activity again.. meaning tourists... but who wants to go there ?? And joining a cruise out of Italy... are you completely nuts ??

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The good news is that they are actually opening.

I see quite a few countries toying with the idea too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look what the Spanish government says today.. they cannot open the borders to foreigners as longs as they still want their own people stay at home. They will not follow Italy...

Morten

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
What is in the News today is that pricing for international travel will Double for Economy class passengers, Business and first class will go up, however the article indicated that it could be from 50% to 100% depending on routes.

As most articles indicated is that Air Travel will be changing and it will never go back to what it was anytime soon.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The UK is talking about air corridors, to countries with low infections that would not require quarantine.

Others will face a compulsory 14 day quarantine!

Zimbabwe is using schools as quarantine places, with up to 15 people in each classroom!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The UK introduces now 14-day entry quarantine for all visitors and UK citizens entering from abroad...

Morten

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zimbabwe is using schools as quarantine places, with up to 15 people in each classroom!!

cuckoo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sicily was almost not affected from the virus. Covid was terrible here in the northern part of the country, specially in a couple of province (Brescia, where I lives, and Bergamo)- Many friends died and many were affected and got very sick. But the situation now is far better. Very few get sick and very few go to the hospital. Seems the virus is less lethal and, if everything going well, we hope for the end of June to be back almost at the normal life. However I dont suggest coming in our country for a couple of months.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote