Tools

Don't Drink Airline Water
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ridiculous!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new. The CDC issued a report in the mid-1990's regarding the abysmal quality of water in the holds of aircraft. The fecal coliform levels were off the charts. Further, they determined there was no easy and consistent method to disinfect the holding tanks so they advised to avoid the water altogether.

Also in the CDC report - don't drink the coffee or tea made on board as at 10,000 ft, water does not reach sufficient temperature for long enough duration to kill all bacteria, viruses and parasites. That's why most airlines provide bottle water and bring aboard coffee now. Tea drinkers are just SOL.

Now if you really want to get the willies, you should see the swab studies on arm rests, seats, entertainment controllers and seat back tables.

Ignorance is bliss...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you should see the swab studies on arm rests, seats, entertainment controllers and seat back tables.

And your computer keyboard.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
quote:
you should see the swab studies on arm rests, seats, entertainment controllers and seat back tables.

And your computer keyboard.

Dave

Or your toothbrush you leave on the counter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Color me paranoid. After a couple of bouts of "travelers Flu" I now wipe down everything I can reach when seated.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When i fly cheaper economy european airlines i always seem to get a throat or chest infection for a week after

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a horrid chest infection on my latest trip … 14 hours in one airliner might have had something to do with it ..

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may not help much, but I always bring my Clorox wipes and wipe down my arm rests, controller and tray.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1281 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife and I spent about 2 days flying over to Africa, seven plus weeks there and about 2 days flying back. No illness at all. Took a few anti-biotics chased with Gin, in her case and whisky in mine.

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
Got a horrid chest infection on my latest trip … 14 hours in one airliner might have had something to do with it ..

When I was still actively an international airline pilot I did not describe it as: “a sealed aluminum can full of bacteria at 35,000’” for nothing.

BTW: I always carried and used “Clorox Wipes” as well.......did not work 100% but helped.
- Mike

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A commercial aircraft is a winged Petri dish for bacteria and viruses. You generally fly without protection!

Jim

Posts: 1205 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If you guys think this is bad, imagine what happens on a cruise ship!

You won’t catch me dead on one of these.

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dall85:
A commercial aircraft is a winged Petri dish for bacteria and viruses. You generally fly without protection!

And that recirculated air ensures everyone is exposed.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1573 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shows how our resistance has been reduced to zip.

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I would never imagine drinking airplane water! I always keep one of their little water bottles for brushing my teeth.

I suppose I’ve picked up a few chest colds while flying.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously what is the alternative to Airplanes?

Don’t drink the water or eat, clean everything with a clorox wipe but you still have to fly.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fly First Class and drink champagne clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Fly First Class and drink champagne clap

Wonder what water Emirates uses in their first class shower Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote