New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mnangagwa fired!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Things might get interesting in Zim. Grace starting to wield a bit of power.

Watch for the power struggle between her and Mnangagwa.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chiwenga, Mnangagwa, Chihuri and Mashayamombe refuse to vacate office. Declares war on Pres Robert Mugabe. Harare now in military deadlock. Soilders ready to revolt and forcibly remove Mr Mugabe. Be warned, stay vigilant.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LATEST DEVELOPMENT IN ZIMBABWE

The recently fired Zimbabwe Defence Forces Chief Constantine Chiwenga has reportedly openly told Pres Mugabe that V.P Emerson Mnangagwa is going nowhere. Chiwenga has also refused to step down. Retired General Douglas Nyikayaramba is reportedly back at Zimbabwe National Army to oversee a military coup to remove Pres Mugabe.Military and Police ready for a showdown. Most soldiers openly showing their dislike for Pres Robert Mugabe. United States, Israel and Lebanon has so far temporarily upgraded security and alert. The Embassy of Sweden has been closed temporarily. Soldiers placed on leave have received immediate call ups. Tensions are high in military barracks. More to come

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Cow Trader- you certainly seem to know a lot more then we do here on the ground. While I will say it is interesting what is happening as we talk - your comment about "stay at home , civil war etc" Lets just say I am off down town with my wife and 2 baby girls to have a nice breakfast. There are several great options and all look pretty safe!!!!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the breakfast!

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And here I was thinking Zimbabwe's rumor mill was the world leader Big Grin

We here in Zimbabwe are certainly living in interesting times, but it's pretty much business as usual. And BTW, a ham roll from the supermarket that was $2 six months ago was $2 this morning. A litre of diesel that was $1.20 three months ago was $1.23 this morning. USD and other hard currencies are still perfectly legal tender - the only thing that is illegal is running them at a parallel rate to the faltering local scrip.

Whatever is going to happen is likely going to be very low key, so folks need to chill.

As an American citizen I get email and WhatsApp alerts from the US Embassy (which is open for business, BTW) if there is the likelihood of trouble and I have received nothing. Nada.

If you're thinking of hunting Zimbabwe next year, don't worry. Be happy. And do it!

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
I got the same messages about civil war and embassies closing down etc. etc.
I called the US embassy and they confirmed all was normal. Fake news are busy ruling opinion all over the world.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been in contact with a number of people from Zim. They all say there is a lot of activity within the party. Other than that, nothing has changed.

I do have to wonder what all of this activity means.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
If Zanu PF factions that support Grace can get the constitution changed to where it allows a female to be VP, then, Grace is more than likely to ascend to that position. There are several heavyweights within the party that are behind her, but others who are less vocal, are firmly against her. I see this issue as a test of who really holds power in Zim. Interesting to watch.

On another note, most Zim news outlets are unreliable and often have an agenda of their own. I follow most all of them and piece together the story for myself.

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Just another internet expert. I will trust the boots on the ground. Thanks Buzz

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1240 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Charlton is right of course, I should have edited before posting. Done now.

The US Embassy is not closed and the rhetoric "civil war" was just that, rhetoric.

The rest in my post is factual. My apology for cutting and pasting an not editing for real facts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dieseltrucker:
If Zanu PF factions that support Grace can get the constitution changed to where it allows a female to be VP, then, Grace is more than likely to ascend to that position. There are several heavyweights within the party that are behind her, but others who are less vocal, are firmly against her. I see this issue as a test of who really holds power in Zim. Interesting to watch.

On another note, most Zim news outlets are unreliable and often have an agenda of their own. I follow most all of them and piece together the story for myself.

Spot on chap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No need to change the constitution. Joice Mujuru has already been VP. It's purely party politics now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But not President chap - there in lies the rub. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
Pretty good and reliable source for political situation on the ground.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...dent-gathers-support

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Food for thought:

"Could a Coup Happen? Zimbabwe Military Threatens Mugabe Rule After President Fires Deputy".

Newsweek Tom O’Connor,Newsweek 5 hours ago

Zimbabwe's military chief issued a rare, stark warning to the nation's political leadership Monday over alleged recent political purges, raising concerns of a potential coup and renewed instability in a country already devastated by economic hardships.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cou...itary-215612538.html

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing after Chiwenga's statement is that there hasn't been a peep out of Bob or Grace. Still no alarm bells from the US Embassy though so all is still pretty much normal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cow-trader:
Coup Underway

It certainly doesn't bode well when tanks and APCs filled with troops block roads and divert traffic.

I wonder who will be going into town for a hamburger tonight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just received this:

Just confirmed with a former banker heavily connected with Zanu, he says it’s true, Bob is on lockdown at his house for the last 2 days, no one is allowed in or out of the property. Also on lockdown is Professor Moyo and his boys in G40. All military strategic locations have been secured and a new command center set up in Masvingo. Things are normal in the city, Business is going on as usual, but all key government offices are heavily guarded.
It’s believed that they are negotiating an exit plan for him, to be effective immediately and Grace has not been allowed to sit in those meetings.
Will wait and see.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://web.facebook.com/ZimLa...os/1171054296359397/

Photoshop .... fake news? ...... hardly.

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
https://www.news24.com/Africa/...broadcaster-20171115

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is absolutely a coup. I have a cell phone video of the announcement on Zim TV.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Those of you who poo-pooed cow trader’s earlier warning might want to rethink your comments. I truly hope Zimbabwe is now better off but only time will tell.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Wow Cow Trader- you certainly seem to know a lot more then we do here on the ground. While I will say it is interesting what is happening as we talk - your comment about "stay at home , civil war etc" Lets just say I am off down town with my wife and 2 baby girls to have a nice breakfast. There are several great options and all look pretty safe!!!!

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's certainly being covered extensively by the BBC here in the UK. I assume that it's due to the connection to Rhodesia.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The old question again .
How can you tell if it's a peaceful coup ?
The tanks stop for the red lights ! Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reporting in the MSM and even the WSJ has been superficial. However, the UK Daily Mail had an interesting article detailing how deeply embedded China has become in Zim, and their efforts behind the scenes to ensure a peaceful
coup. Worth a read if you are interested in southern Africa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...g-despot-Mugabe.html

Posts: 110 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 07 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good article.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just wonder what the level of accuracy is. With the way the press has been "managed" for the last almost 40 years one has to worry about the reporter. Same group of characters. Is the reporter in country? Have heard the Chinese are buying huge blocks in Botswana.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote