THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Is Zimbabwe opening this year or what!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Zimbabwe opening this year or what!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have my day rate for Leopard paid!

So tired of this guessing game!Frowner

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:

If you fly via Ethiopia maybe.

But will have to spend 1/2 of the 2 week quarantine in A govt facility.

So basically it is not open for recreational hunting.

But if you really want to go and spend some time in a zim quarantine facility it is open. Your ph can make a plan if needed. Talk to him.

Locals are hunting.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I have my day rates for buffalo, leopard, elephant paid as well.

Rescheduled for August 1 - 21 of 2021.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

If you fly via Ethiopia maybe.

But will have to spend 1/2 of the 2 week quarantine in A govt facility.

So basically it is not open for recreational hunting.

But if you really want to go and spend some time in a zim quarantine facility it is open. Your ph can make a plan if needed. Talk to him.

Locals are hunting.

Mike

No THANKS LOL!

I would quarantine in the Bush if that were an option

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You’ve been on this for the last 3 months.

The Covid situation in those 3 months has deteriorated significantly in Africa.

With August now upon us, you need to be realistic........

It ain’t happening unfortunately IMO

You are better off trying to move to some good dates in 2021.

The longer you leave it the more chance that your hunt will end up in 2022.".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with WR 500. Forget 2020 season. You need a vaccine first and not to forget most people involved in your hunt should also. Including aircompany people.. That would possibly make the 2022 season more realistic in my opinion.

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:

I have an alternative date set for 2021 but would still like to go this year if possible

I know that there is no answer to my post...just throwing it out there

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have an alternative date set for 2021 but would still like to go this year if possible

Do not give up and hunters are returning to Tanzania and Zambia.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:

Do not give up and hunters are returning to Tanzania and Zambia.

Fingers crossed.

I wonder how much longer a place like Zim can go without our dollars

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I gave up last week. Fortunately my Emirates ticket is still good til '22 (still no scheduled flights) and my elephant hunt is fully paid. I will put in for two 3 week blocks of vacation in '21 one in the spring, the other in the fall. I know Butch Coaton PHd in Tanzania last month and had to quarantine on both ends of the hunt......me no can do even when it opens up.

Ain't open yet:

Entry and Exit Requirements:
Zimbabwe’s borders are closed to all human traffic except for returning Zimbabwean nationals and permit holders. Borders remain open for cargo. The Government of Zimbabwe instituted screening checks based on WHO regulations including thermal scans and review of travel history within the previous 14 days.

Quarantine Information:
All arrivals will be subject to strict screening procedures including rigorous enforcement of a 21-day self-quarantine. The Government of Zimbabwe announced two hospitals in Harare and Bulawayo, its two largest cities, will handle quarantine cases of travelers suspected with COVID-19. Information about plans to handle cases in Victoria Falls, an international travel hub, remain limited.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Report: President Trump considering plan to block some Americans from returning to U.S.

BY CLINT HENDERSON AUGUST 10, 2020, 7:29PM

The New York Times is reporting late Monday August 10 President Donald Trump is considering a ban on Americans returning from overseas under certain circumstances.

The Times reports they’ve seen a draft of the regulations that would allow the president to temporarily block the return of Americans or legal U.S. residents from returning to the U.S. from foreign countries if authorities believe they are infected the coronavirus or sick with COVID-19. It would be an expansion of the government’s power. The Times says,

“.. a draft regulation would expand the government’s power to prevent entry by citizens and legal residents in individual, limited circumstances. Federal agencies have been asked to submit feedback on the proposal to the White House by Tuesday, though it is unclear when it might be approved or announced.

Under the proposal, which relies on existing legal authorities of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the government could block a citizen or legal resident from crossing the border into the United States if an official “reasonably believes that the individual either may have been exposed to or is infected with the communicable disease.”

Interestingly, the measure reportedly includes language that U.S. citizens Constitutional rights are preserved. It also does not include any kind of timelines for how long citizens would be prevented from returning.

Henry Harteveldt, a travel industry analyst and president of Atmosphere Research told TPG, that this regulation would cause chaos and confusion for returning U.S. citizens, “This proposed regulation would likely further depress already anemic levels of international travel and add to airlines’ financial pressures. This proposed regulation increases the need for a globally-accepted “safe travel protocol” to ensure only bona fide healthy people are allowed to travel – anywhere.”

Border control has wide authority to refuse entry if people present a national security threat, but refusals for health reasons have been exceedingly rare.

The rule would reportedly include northern and southern land borders in addition to airports.

The Times report says, “The rule notes the prevalence of the coronavirus in Mexico as evidence of the need for the modified rule, citing the death on August 2 of the health minister in the Mexican border state of Chihuahua, who the order says died of Covid-19 after a two week hospitalization.”

JohnnyJet founder and editor-in-chief John E. DiScala (aka Johnny Jet) told TPG, “I wouldn’t be too worried if I was an American citizen but if you’re a visa or Green Card holder there’s now another reason to be nervous about returning to the U.S.A.”

Indeed, Harteveldt said the report leaves many unanswered questions. Among them, “What will the government use to determine if a person has COVID-19? Would it be an “instant” test or something else? Where would it be administered? Would it be applied to US citizens returning from every country or just one or a few countries? What kind of recourse would the traveler have if she or he is found to have the virus? And if enacted, what would the criteria be for this regulation to be removed?

Several governors told the New York Times they are worried about the economic implications of the proposed regulation.

Neither the Department of Homeland Security nor the Centers for Disease Control had a comment for the Times as of publication.
You’ll remember early in his presidency, Trump declared a ban on immigrants or visitors from several predominantly Muslim nations. That case went all the way to the Supreme Court before it was modified and eventually became law.

Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Report: President Trump considering plan to block some Americans from returning to U.S.

BY CLINT HENDERSON AUGUST 10, 2020, 7:29PM

The New York Times is reporting late Monday August 10 President Donald Trump is considering a ban on Americans returning from overseas under certain circumstances.

The Times reports they’ve seen a draft of the regulations that would allow the president to temporarily block the return of Americans or legal U.S. residents from returning to the U.S. from foreign countries if authorities believe they are infected the coronavirus or sick with COVID-19. It would be an expansion of the government’s power. The Times says,

“.. a draft regulation would expand the government’s power to prevent entry by citizens and legal residents in individual, limited circumstances. Federal agencies have been asked to submit feedback on the proposal to the White House by Tuesday, though it is unclear when it might be approved or announced.

Under the proposal, which relies on existing legal authorities of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the government could block a citizen or legal resident from crossing the border into the United States if an official “reasonably believes that the individual either may have been exposed to or is infected with the communicable disease.”

Interestingly, the measure reportedly includes language that U.S. citizens Constitutional rights are preserved. It also does not include any kind of timelines for how long citizens would be prevented from returning.

Henry Harteveldt, a travel industry analyst and president of Atmosphere Research told TPG, that this regulation would cause chaos and confusion for returning U.S. citizens, “This proposed regulation would likely further depress already anemic levels of international travel and add to airlines’ financial pressures. This proposed regulation increases the need for a globally-accepted “safe travel protocol” to ensure only bona fide healthy people are allowed to travel – anywhere.”

Border control has wide authority to refuse entry if people present a national security threat, but refusals for health reasons have been exceedingly rare.

The rule would reportedly include northern and southern land borders in addition to airports.

The Times report says, “The rule notes the prevalence of the coronavirus in Mexico as evidence of the need for the modified rule, citing the death on August 2 of the health minister in the Mexican border state of Chihuahua, who the order says died of Covid-19 after a two week hospitalization.”

JohnnyJet founder and editor-in-chief John E. DiScala (aka Johnny Jet) told TPG, “I wouldn’t be too worried if I was an American citizen but if you’re a visa or Green Card holder there’s now another reason to be nervous about returning to the U.S.A.”

Indeed, Harteveldt said the report leaves many unanswered questions. Among them, “What will the government use to determine if a person has COVID-19? Would it be an “instant” test or something else? Where would it be administered? Would it be applied to US citizens returning from every country or just one or a few countries? What kind of recourse would the traveler have if she or he is found to have the virus? And if enacted, what would the criteria be for this regulation to be removed?

Several governors told the New York Times they are worried about the economic implications of the proposed regulation.

Neither the Department of Homeland Security nor the Centers for Disease Control had a comment for the Times as of publication.
You’ll remember early in his presidency, Trump declared a ban on immigrants or visitors from several predominantly Muslim nations. That case went all the way to the Supreme Court before it was modified and eventually became law.

Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

How ridiculous!

This is the first time have heard any country is blocking the return of its own citizens.

Others have gone as far as arranging special flights to return people home.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

“.. a draft regulation...

Under the proposal, ...

How ridiculous!

This is the first time have heard any country is blocking the return of its own citizens.

Others have gone as far as arranging special flights to return people home.

USA also has arranged special flights.

Also, this is a proposal not an implemented rule.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
South Africa is opening up. Announced today all restrictions will be dropped.

Now you will need air travel if flying through South Africa.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The way I read it, travel between provinces will be allowed, but not international travel. I could be mistaken, though.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

The way I read it, travel between provinces will be allowed, but not international travel. I could be mistaken, though.

According to the BBC, Karl, you are correct. And they have now allowed the sale of alcohol and tobacco products.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adictosacazar
posted Hide Post
Immigrants who are PCR negative on arrival will no longer be detained but be put on home quarantine and reviews will be conducted by the rapid response teams in that locality. Those who test positive on arrival will be placed in isolation centres.

Link: News

Phone: +34652316769
Email: adictosacazar@gmail.com
Web: www.adictosacazar.com
Instagram: @adictosacazar
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adictosacazar

Posts: 494 | Location: spain | Registered: 01 September 2019Reply With Quote